At eight months, Norah:
- Weighs 20.3lbs
- Still “crawls” by dragging herself across the floor with her arms.
- Has been pulling herself up to standing and has even taken a few “steps” while holding onto her little walker. (And I say “steps” because it’s more like a drunken shuffle as she tries not to fall on her face, haha.)
- Is no longer travelling in her bucket seat and now rocks out in a rear-facing combo carseat. My arms are thankful that I don’t have to lug her around anymore!
- Loves eating. Basically, you can’t put her in her high chair unless you plan on giving her food because she starts to freak out otherwise. How very Pavlovian ;) But still, she enjoys feeding herself Cheerios and gets super excited when I take the box out of the pantry.
- Had one more tooth erupt yesterday, for a total of three! And interestingly enough, it was a tooth that normally doesn’t show up until the 9-12 month range. I guess it got sick of waiting and jumped the gun a bit.
- Am still having serious thoughts about a third child. Most days I feel “done” but I’ll have moments of weakness where I feel I need one more child. Ugggh.
- Have serious motivation issues for this whole 5K thing. I know I’ve said it a zillion times before, but I just don’t have the energy to get up and get training. Kyle’s 10K race has inspired me a little, but it’s been over a week since he ran it and I haven’t put my running shoes on once. Maybe I’ll just do it with no training, since that seems to be the way it’s going right now.
- Am looking forward to spring and the months to come! Baseball is starting up soon (Go Jays!) and slo-pitch will follow soon after! We’re starting to get a little cabin fevery around here so the warm weather can come anytime. We need more park days and fresh air!
5 thoughts on “Eight Months”
Ellie’s so small she was in a bucket seat for what felt like FOREVER – I was so happy to get rid of that thing! I did a 5K a couple of years ago with about 3 weeks of “training” – and by training I mean I ran for 20-30 minutes 4 or 5 times a week. And by “ran” I mean I walked. A lot ;) I survived the race, though!!! And then I quit running …
Pingback: Nine Months | She Writes Words
Pingback: Ten Months | She Writes Words
Pingback: Eleven Months | She Writes Words
Pingback: Twelve Months/One Year | She Writes Words