I thought abut writing a deep and meaningful post for today, talking about how much it means to be a mom and how Hashtag: Blessed I am to have an amazing mom in my life and how my daughters make me strive to be the best mom I can be to them. Then I thought, that has all been done time and time before and if you’ve been tuned into my blog for a while you’ll already know how appreciative I am to have to have my mom in my life.
So, today in honour of Mother’s Day I decided that I’d just share a few photos of a little mini photoshoot I gifted to my mom for her birthday last month.
Shelly Cantelo Photography captured these pictures of my mom, myself, Isla and Norah a few weeks ago and I’m so glad we got them done. As a mom we’re always the ones behind the camera capturing the moments of our children’s lives, rarely getting in front of the lens ourselves. A good photo a selfie does not make, no matter how many filters you slap on it.
Anyway, having these photos taken was a wonderful way to capture the four of us just being, well, us. I’m so glad to have such an amazing mom in my life, and to have her be such a loving, giving, and caring grandma to Isla and Norah.
Happy Mother’s Day, Mom! I love you!
There’s a lot of hard stuff going on in the village neighbouring my hometown, so I’m digging deep today to find the happy today:
- Slo-pitch all weekend with my awesome ball fam-jam. We played hard (enough) and went 3-1 in the tournament with some of our best batting and fielding yet. My quads are still yelling at me a bit, but it was worth it!
- Isla picked out the most amazing ice cream cake for my birthday. (With Kyle’s help, of course.) He drove her to DQ and she told the employee what she wanted written on the cake, (“Happy Birthday Mom”) what kind of decorations, (flowers and strawberries), and what size. (SLAB to serve 20-30!) She was SO proud to show me my “surprise” and I can’t wait to dig into it this weekend.
- I’ve been making quesadillas at home with cheese (obviously) and whatever I can find in the fridge (deli meat, tomatoes, green onions, etc.) and OMG they are soooo gooooooood. Now I must wrap ALL THE THINGS because I bought a Costco-sized pack of tortillas. Breakfast burritos are in my future, yo.
- I was lucky enough to receive two pedicure gift certificates AND a spa day for my birthday, and I cannot wait to book them.
That’s all for today. What’s making you happy?
I just remembered that I’m actually horrible at Roman numerals and I’m pretty sure after XIII I’m going to have to Google everything. Oh well!
Time for today’s tiny happys:
- Isla started t-ball yesterday and although it’s more of a skills-building activity she had fun and is happy to be playing “baseball.”
- We got the proofs back from our Mother/Daughter photo shoot and they turned out great! My mom and I will be sitting down to pick out our favourites at some point this week.
- Tomorrow I’m cooking (and delivering) a meal for my dear friend who’s recovering from her c-section. I even bought those classy take-out containers with the cardboard lids. Her mom organized this whole meal planning thing via Meal Train and it’s truly brilliant.
- This past Sunday our family took part in the 20th annual Boogie the Bridge and while I posted my race recap yesterday I’m still so happy with how well we all did! I literally CANNOT EVEN when it comes to stairs, but it’s so worth it 🙂
What has you happy today?