At nine months, Norah:
- Weighs 21.7 lbs. Not too sure now long she is, but we’ll find out tomorrow at her 9-month doctor appointment!
- Still only has three teeth, but the fourth is SO CLOSE to popping through it’s not even fair. (For me or her. She hasn’t been sleeping well and as a result, neither have I.)
- Crawls on her hands and knees and is FAST! Can chasing a baby around the house be considered exercise?
- Pulls herself up with ease and walks along the furniture with pride.
- Is getting more into solid foods rather than purees. She really likes ground beef and anything to do with carbs, and has proven that eating is exhausting:
- Claps her hands thanks to her sister!
- Plan on weaning her soon for many reasons, but mostly because she just doesn’t show any interest in nursing during the day.
- Am officially all signed up for slo-pitch and am looking forward to getting out on the field again!
- Can’t believe she’s been “out” for as long as she was “in!” How time flies.
At eight months, Norah:
- Weighs 20.3lbs
- Still “crawls” by dragging herself across the floor with her arms.
- Has been pulling herself up to standing and has even taken a few “steps” while holding onto her little walker. (And I say “steps” because it’s more like a drunken shuffle as she tries not to fall on her face, haha.)
- Is no longer travelling in her bucket seat and now rocks out in a rear-facing combo carseat. My arms are thankful that I don’t have to lug her around anymore!
- Loves eating. Basically, you can’t put her in her high chair unless you plan on giving her food because she starts to freak out otherwise. How very Pavlovian ;) But still, she enjoys feeding herself Cheerios and gets super excited when I take the box out of the pantry.
- Had one more tooth erupt yesterday, for a total of three! And interestingly enough, it was a tooth that normally doesn’t show up until the 9-12 month range. I guess it got sick of waiting and jumped the gun a bit.
- Am still having serious thoughts about a third child. Most days I feel “done” but I’ll have moments of weakness where I feel I need one more child. Ugggh.
- Have serious motivation issues for this whole 5K thing. I know I’ve said it a zillion times before, but I just don’t have the energy to get up and get training. Kyle’s 10K race has inspired me a little, but it’s been over a week since he ran it and I haven’t put my running shoes on once. Maybe I’ll just do it with no training, since that seems to be the way it’s going right now.
- Am looking forward to spring and the months to come! Baseball is starting up soon (Go Jays!) and slo-pitch will follow soon after! We’re starting to get a little cabin fevery around here so the warm weather can come anytime. We need more park days and fresh air!
At seven months, Norah:
- Weighs 19.2lbs!
- Has 2 teeth!
- Is eating solids/purees! So far she’s loving vegetable Mum Mum crackers, yams, potatoes, carrots and sweet potatoes. And, of course, making a mess in the process: ;)
- Can move around by pulling herself along the floor with her arms.
- Has caught another cold thanks to her sister and really dislikes the snot-sucker.
- Is pulling herself up on things but not to standing. I should probably lower her crib sooner rather than later …
- Am still very much on the fence as to whether or not I want another kid. Ugh. I’ll have moments where I’m totally down with a third child and then there are days where I’d like to lock myself in the bathroom and lay in the bathtub in the fetal position.
- Fit into my skinniest pre-pregnancy jeans and considered that a win!
- May actually start some 5K training this year after all. There’s just over 90 days until the race I’m thinking about running, so that should be plenty of time, right? Right!