- Embracing this perpetual winter by meeting up with friends and heading to the tobogganing hill with the kids.
- Finding old photos and schoolwork of mine and laughing with love at my adolescence.
- Finishing a DIY project and not only loving the finished product, but having Isla love it as well.
- Isla passed her swimming lessons yesterday! This is actually a huge happy because she had to repeat the class from last year, so I’ve extra proud of her for working hard and listening to her teacher.
- Spring Break starts next week for our district and while we’re “only” in preschool twice a week for half days, I think Isla could use a break. Between that, dance class, and swimming lessons, I think she’s starting to get a little worn down. There will be plenty of relaxing happening, that’s for sure.
That’s it for me today. What’s making you happy?
Winter has a death grip on my spirits at the moment and I’m fairly certain it’s slowly sucking the fun and joy out of my life. In other words, it’s becoming harder to appreciate the bits of happiness that poke through.
Then yesterday Hillary decided she’d start this wonderful new series so fittingly called Tiny Happy Tuesday so she could dig deep, find and and post about the bits of happiness that lurk beneath the winter’s gloom. I couldn’t be happier to link up with this great idea, so without further ado, here are the tiny pieces of happy in my life right now:
- Isla and Norah playing with each other and not fighting (for the most part).
- Having a movie and dinner date with Kyle.
- See also: Satisfying a bad craving for fish tacos at the pub during said date night.
- Norah no longer needs/wants a bottle at bedtime. Hurray!
- My tulips from the store are in full bloom and remind me that winter will leave eventually and that spring IS on its way.
Now it’s your turn: What’s making YOU happy today?