I’m jumping on the No List train today. Basically, it’s a list of things I’m not crazy about that other people may be. It’s fun to see what others don’t like or “get” in a world of crazes.
So, here’s my list. They’re not all dislikes, but also things I just don’t understand and can’t be bothered to investigate. (Ignorance is bliss?)
Wine. It tastes like feet.
Kale or quinoa. It tastes awful.
Juicing. (Produce, not Lance Armstrong-style) Why not just eat an apple? Or a carrot?
Pumpkin Spiced Lattes.
Mad Men, Breaking Bad, or Game of Thrones.
The Chive. Keep calm and what?
Pointy fingernails. I don’t do my nails on a normal basis as it is, but having cat-like claws? No thanks.
50 Shades of Grey.
Lillies. The smell of them bugs me and the pollen gets everywhere.
Of course, I’m not judging anyone who likes any of the things mentioned above. This is just my list of things that aren’t for me.
What’s on yours?
Today I’m happy for:
1. Getting back into freelance writing after nearly a year of not doing any work.
2. Mani’s and Pedi’s with my mom:
3. Lake day tomorrow with my husband and kiddo.
4. Isla cutting teeth = No more pain in her mouth, at least for now.
5. Snuggles with my #1 furbaby:
What are you happy for today?
– Starting on Monday, Kyle is on holidays for 12 days. Yay! We had plans to go to a wedding on the 17th down in Victoria, but we’ve opted not to go because of Isla. I think we/I was thinking a little too ambitiously when I thought a 6-hour trip including a ferry ride would be easy with a 6-week old baby. I’m sad that we’re no longer going, but I’m looking forward to spending some time with my little family :)
– Kyle and I have an appointment at the bank next week to set up an RESP for Isla. I’m already sad for the day she leaves for college.
– Campbell has taken it upon himself to “groom” Daphne. He’ll cozy up beside her and start licking her face/paws/ears/whatever. It’s hilarious, especially when Daphne’s had enough and yells him where to go and how to get there.
– Come the fall, I may be hopping aboard the iPhone bandwagon when the iPhone 5 is launched. There have been several moments when I’ve wanted to throw my phone into traffic/in the washing machine/off a bridge, and Kyle suggested we buck up and get me one. I’m not going to lie, I’m a little excited.
– My hair is in serious need of a trim, and I still have to wait another 2 weeks to get it done. This is the worst thing about having bangs. I’m not brave enough to trim them myself, but they’re driving me crazy!! At least they’re now long enough to pin back on top of my head; I was starting to look like some emo-vampire chick.
– I’ll leave you this photo I Instagrammed Wednesday morning. Isla decided she wanted to see the sun rise …