Whew! The past week has been CRAAAZY for me. Like, ridiculous. I’m going to break it down for you in bullet-form since I’m pretty sure that if I wrote this as an actually post it would have no flow what-so-ever. At least bullets are nice to look at.
- So, the first day I went back to Job #1 after the wedding there was an in-office position up for grabs in the editorial department. When did it close? Oh, just the next day! So, I sent off my resume and hoped for the best. I had to wait another week while it was posted to the public. Lame-o.
- Last Monday after it was done running for the public, I got asked to go for an interview for the position on Wednesday. Terrified and excited, I tried not to get my hopes up.
- Wednesday comes along, I go for my interview and come out feeling … just okay. Some people are excellent during interviews. Me, not so much. Hello, Introvert! Needless to say, I tried not to get my hopes up again.
- Thursday I get called in for a meeting.
- Friday I had a “quick and dirty” training session. Yep, I got the job!
- Now I’m working full time until they find someone to replace me. So, 1/2 a day in the old department, 1/2 a day in the new department.
- Raises are fantastic.
- I’m still working part-time, but the raise makes up for that. And it’s one step closer in the direction I want to go in my career.
- Tomorrow is my last shift at Job #2. Hell yes!
- I played in a softball/slo-pitch tournament this weekend and I got my first sunburn of the year. My face feels horrible.
- My legs are killing me.
- I’m pretty sure I need to get my ass back in the gym.
- I had a freaking blast playing the weekend. I really missed it!
- Oh, and the fan went on my laptop on Thursday, so hopefully Kyle can pick it up sometime today.
That’s it. Happy Monday!
How was YOUR weekend?
This is my special announcement that I had mentioned a couple times!
Kyle got a new job at a MAJOR production mine right outside of town (about 40 minutes). He’ll be welding up a storm at his dream job. Working at this place is like a goal for anyone with a trade living in the area. The wage and benefits are freaking amazing. Full medical and dental? Yes please!
Kyle had the job interview in November last year, but we kept it hush hush until we knew exactly if and when he got the job. He passed the interview, passed the medical exams, passed the aptitude tests and got a letter in the mail saying he would start as soon as there was a vacancy. That vacancy showed up a couple weeks ago, but because the job is union, it had to be posted internally for a week. Boo! That was the longest week ever!
But, last Wednesday he got the call, and he starts at the end of this month! We’ve been calling this his call to the major league. Today he’s giving his notice to his current employer. :(
I’m not going to lie, it’s going to be hard to adjust to everything at first. He’s going from a Monday to Friday job to a 4×4 shift with two day and two night shifts. Also, the drive to work will be twice as long, although there are a lot of carpool opportunities, and it’s just a BIG PLACE. Kyle’s also really going to miss the people he currently works with. They’ve been amazing to him, especially his bosses, so the next two weeks is going to be hard.
Also – because of the 4×4, it just so happens to work out where his first day shift is the day of our wedding … I have no doubt that his future boss will let him have the time off, but we can’t help but panic a little bit. Everyone I know who works up there says it won’t be a problem, but you never know! He’ll have a different foreman than them, so who knows. Fingers crossed!
So there you have it! My special announcement – no babies included!
I’m pretty sure the days leading up to next Friday are going to be crazy, insane and going to make me want to cry. Here’s what I have slated out for myself (in no particular order):
- Get a hold of the Notary to finish off the paperwork for the house.
- Call up more contacts for my freelance projects and schedule interviews with them.
- Do an over-the-phone interview on Tuesday and write it up right afterwards because it’s due on Thursday.
- Work at Jobs #1 and #2.
- Finish packing up the stuff in the kitchen that we don’t really need (such as the rest of the oven stuff).
- Pack more clothes away.
- Blog, because I feel that if I don’t post something everyday, I’m a horrible person.
- Shower (because hey, if you don’t remind yourself, sometimes you never know)
I really have no idea if I’m going to be able to get all of this done. At least I hope to remember to shower daily. We all win if that happens.
I’ll leave you with a photo from my night out Saturday, to which I was told I was going to get Jersey Shore Drunk, (I didn’t, sorry LiLu!), but I did end up with fat swollen feet from my sexy yet painful shoes. I’m so sad that the hurt so much:
What’s in store for you this week?