After years of not participating in team sports and missing it terribly, I’m finally back in the game. And it’s not even a game I was used to.
Slo-Pitch. Love it! I haven’t played since I was in grade school and picked it back up again in June. I was lazy with going, but I signed myself up with the fall league and haven’t looked back.
Sure, our team isn’t so great (our only win was by default because the other team didn’t show), but we have fun.
My sport in high school was soccer and it was so fast-paced. Not that it was a problem – back then I was in great shape and could run for days. I would play an entire game without being subbed out. Today, not so much. I’ve gotten a little soft in my “old age” and probably couldn’t run a mile without keeling over trying to catch my breath.
Slo-pitch is a perfect balance. Running only when you have to, anticipation of the play – it’s great! And my arms haven’t looked better! Seriously – swinging that bat around has done them wonders! After two games a week, my body is killing me, but I know it’s just because it’s hard at work.
And to add to this whole active thing – I’m thinking I’m going to cancel my gym membership. I just don’t have the drive to go to the gym. Hell, I barely have the drive to go cancel it. $35/mth wasted. *sigh*
Do you play a team sport? Did you? If you could play any team sport, what would it be?
Whew! The past week has been CRAAAZY for me. Like, ridiculous. I’m going to break it down for you in bullet-form since I’m pretty sure that if I wrote this as an actually post it would have no flow what-so-ever. At least bullets are nice to look at.
- So, the first day I went back to Job #1 after the wedding there was an in-office position up for grabs in the editorial department. When did it close? Oh, just the next day! So, I sent off my resume and hoped for the best. I had to wait another week while it was posted to the public. Lame-o.
- Last Monday after it was done running for the public, I got asked to go for an interview for the position on Wednesday. Terrified and excited, I tried not to get my hopes up.
- Wednesday comes along, I go for my interview and come out feeling … just okay. Some people are excellent during interviews. Me, not so much. Hello, Introvert! Needless to say, I tried not to get my hopes up again.
- Thursday I get called in for a meeting.
- Friday I had a “quick and dirty” training session. Yep, I got the job!
- Now I’m working full time until they find someone to replace me. So, 1/2 a day in the old department, 1/2 a day in the new department.
- Raises are fantastic.
- I’m still working part-time, but the raise makes up for that. And it’s one step closer in the direction I want to go in my career.
- Tomorrow is my last shift at Job #2. Hell yes!
- I played in a softball/slo-pitch tournament this weekend and I got my first sunburn of the year. My face feels horrible.
- My legs are killing me.
- I’m pretty sure I need to get my ass back in the gym.
- I had a freaking blast playing the weekend. I really missed it!
- Oh, and the fan went on my laptop on Thursday, so hopefully Kyle can pick it up sometime today.
That’s it. Happy Monday!
How was YOUR weekend?
Oh my word – if you couldn’t tell by my Tweets Tuesday night, there was a VERY IMPORTANT hockey game on:
I’ll apologize now for the ridiculous amount of hockey tweets, but Game 7 means business in my household, and we were playing our arch nemesis. I can’t even give you another sports’ comparison because I don’t follow any other sports. Sorry.
I’ve had hockey on the brain since the beginning of the playoffs. The Vancouver Canucks are my favourite team ALWAYS. No bandwagon here, I’m going down with the ship.
And you know what’s annoying? The haters. Especially the ones who say Canucks’ fans are the worst fans. How are we the worst? Because we love our team no matter what? Because we believe in them even though we’ve never won the Cup?
I really don’t understand people who hate on other teams so much. So what if your team got beat? I know the Canucks don’t have a great playoff record. Do I want them to win the Cup? Of course! Will they win the Cup this year? Only time will tell.
Anyway, I’ll try not to bombard you on the Twitter with hockey-related Tweets for the next round of the playoffs, but no promises. ;)
Do you follow hockey? (Any hockey?) Who are you cheering for?