Whew! The past week has been CRAAAZY for me. Like, ridiculous. I’m going to break it down for you in bullet-form since I’m pretty sure that if I wrote this as an actually post it would have no flow what-so-ever. At least bullets are nice to look at.
- So, the first day I went back to Job #1 after the wedding there was an in-office position up for grabs in the editorial department. When did it close? Oh, just the next day! So, I sent off my resume and hoped for the best. I had to wait another week while it was posted to the public. Lame-o.
- Last Monday after it was done running for the public, I got asked to go for an interview for the position on Wednesday. Terrified and excited, I tried not to get my hopes up.
- Wednesday comes along, I go for my interview and come out feeling … just okay. Some people are excellent during interviews. Me, not so much. Hello, Introvert! Needless to say, I tried not to get my hopes up again.
- Thursday I get called in for a meeting.
- Friday I had a “quick and dirty” training session. Yep, I got the job!
- Now I’m working full time until they find someone to replace me. So, 1/2 a day in the old department, 1/2 a day in the new department.
- Raises are fantastic.
- I’m still working part-time, but the raise makes up for that. And it’s one step closer in the direction I want to go in my career.
- Tomorrow is my last shift at Job #2. Hell yes!
- I played in a softball/slo-pitch tournament this weekend and I got my first sunburn of the year. My face feels horrible.
- My legs are killing me.
- I’m pretty sure I need to get my ass back in the gym.
- I had a freaking blast playing the weekend. I really missed it!
- Oh, and the fan went on my laptop on Thursday, so hopefully Kyle can pick it up sometime today.
That’s it. Happy Monday!
How was YOUR weekend?