On Sunday I received the “Honest Scrap Award” from the wonderful Holly at Scattered Words. She’s currently expecting a lovely bundle o’ joy and it just makes me all bubbly inside thinking of babies!
So apparently the rules of acceptance are that I’m supposed to list 10 things you may find interesting about me and then nominate seven other bloggers to do the same.
Here are the things:
1. I’m a sucker for guys with no hair. Not naturally bald guys, but guys who shave all their hair off. Long hair is gross. That being said, I’m in love with Georges St. Pierre, Jason Statham, etc. Kyle also shaves all his hair off, and it’s wonderful :)
2. I am terrified of passing semi-trucks on the road. I white-knuckle grip my steering wheel and hold my breath while passing huge trucks on the road. Logging trucks freak me out the most I think. To help, I either sing loudly in my car to distract myself while passing, or Kyle will talk to me about something random, asking me silly questions.
3. I hate wet socks. If my socks get the slightest bit wet I have to change them. It’s really hard in a house with two slobbery dogs, so I wear slippers all the time. Kyle hates them, but I don’t complain so he deals with it.
4. I have a really loud sound system in my car. It’s not like, competition loud, but it’s got some junk in the trunk … err, hatch. It was my dream since I was like, 14, to have a subwoofer in my car so when I got my own car I soon got my own system! As a friend of mine says, I listen to jungle music.
5. I hate the word “moist”. It creeps me out and makes me shudder. Right after “moist” is “secrete”. Come to think of it, most onomatopoeia’s are not appealing to me, at least when it comes to well, moist words.
6. I’m afraid of horses. I’m fine with them being on the opposite side of a fence as me, but I’m afraid to be near them otherwise. Once when I was little I was helping a lady feed her horses and was taking hay to their troff and they surrounded me. It was terrifying. Ever since then I haven’t liked horses.
7. I can drink energy drinks before bed and fall asleep just fine. I downed a “NOS” energy drink which the 7-11 clerk SWORE it would keep me up all night and a couple hours later, I was ready for bed. Caffeine doesn’t wake me up, it just makes me need to pee every 10 minutes.
8. I’m a cranky old lady on the inside. I tend to get irritated really easily and this cranky old spinster of a woman comes out every once in a while. This usually happens when customers or coworkers get on my nerves. Just call me Gertrude.
9. I love my dog the most. As much as I try to love Kyle’s dog Molly as much as my own, I just can’t help but love Daphne more. Molly’s like the step-child that I try to love as my own but just can’t because I didn’t raise her from puppyhood.
10. I’ve dislocated my shoulder seven times. In the summer between Grades 10 and 11 I decided to try skateboarding with my little brother (who’s much better than I, obviously). I went down this ramp when I shouldn’t have and dislocated my shoulder. It hasn’t been the same ever since. I’m on the surgery waitlist and it’s looking like it’s going to take a while to get it done. For now it’s light exercise to build its strength.
I really don’t feel like nominating seven people, so I’m just going to nominate three. Ha!
1) Melissa at I Has Good Grammar
2) Angela at Craving Cupcakes