These past couple weeks for me have been completely jam-packed with sh!t to do and there’s a swarm of stuff on my mind. It has left me feeling extremely overwhelmed and more stressed out than I’d like to be, but hopefully all will resolve itself. In the meantime, let’s rewind a little, shall we, and I’ll let you in on what I’ve been up to in the past week …
– Last Friday I took my exam for my insurance license. I felt OK going into the exam, but with all the stuff that’s been going on in my life (which shall not be mentioned quite yet), it was a little hard to focus. I ended up missing the grade required to pass by 6%, so a re-write is in the future for me. It was a bit of a let down and I’m super disappointed in myself, but now that I know what kind of stuff is in the exam, I’m sure I’ll do fine next time.
– Also happening on Friday was the start of the tear-out of our old carpet. We’ve been wanting to replace the carpet on the stairs and in our bedroom since we bought the house, but never got around to it. Now that Campbell isn’t so destructive (knock on wood), we decided to pull the trigger and have new stuff installed. Kyle got all the carpet ripped out in 2 days, and today the installers will be showing up to put in the new stuff! By the end of the weekend, my house should be back to normal and we’ll have gorgeous new carpet! (A blog post will follow sometime next week showing exactly what was going on and why exactly we needed it replaced)
– On Saturday I headed to Vancouver for Callie’s bachelorette party! It was a looooooong day for this old lady – I woke up at 6 a.m. just out of the blue (nerves for the drive, maybe?) and left Kamloops around 8:45. I made pretty good time considering the awful rain I had to drive through and arrived at the hotel we were staying at around 1:30 p.m. After checking in, I met up with the girls on Robson Street as they were finished up a variety of dares. Once that was done it was back to the hotel to relax and unwind for a bit until one of these showed up to serve us drinks and orchestrate some fun, silly games. Then it was time to get ready to go out for dinner here followed by dancing here. We turned in around 3:15 Sunday morning, and I got up at 8 a.m. so I could grab something to eat and head back to Kamloops by 10. ME SO CRAZY. It was an exhausting weekend, but the bride-to-be had a blast so that’s all that matters!!
– After I returned to Kamloops on Sunday I had a little 1 1/2 hour break before Kyle, Isla and I hit the road for Ashcroft for a birthday party! One of Isla’s friends turned 2 on Saturday, so they were celebrating at the pool on Sunday. Isla had a ton of fun playing in the pool and then playing with all of the kids at the barbecue afterwards. We got home around 8 p.m. and by the time I got Isla to bed (without a fight to boot), I was ready to pass out. It took me at least 3 days to catch up on my sleep. I’m definitely not the young party animal I used to be, I tell you what!
– On Wednesday there was a wicked storm that passed through town and something along the lines of 20mm of rain fell in 30 minutes, causing crazy flooding and water damage all over the city. Sometimes living on top of a hill has its benefits, because my house and yard was unscathed by the rushing water, but I guess there’s always soil erosion to worry about, haha.
– Other than having carpet installed today and tomorrow, I have zero plans for the next little while and I’m SO grateful for that. I really need to just relax and not worry about all the crap that’s going on. We’ll be heading to the lake for a day after the August long weekend, so that should be wonderfully relaxing. Until then, I’m taking Kyle’s orders of not doing much and napping while Isla naps very seriously ;)
That’s about it for today. Kind of sad when new carpet is the most exciting thing going on in your life, but I guess that’s what happens when you’re an adult. So please, tell me, What’s new with you these days? Any exciting weekend plans?