– I’ve been on a baking frenzy lately. A couple days ago I baked chocolate chip cookies, today I’m baking a cake, in a couple days I’ll probably bake some raisin cookies for Kyle. Who am I??? Isla needs to hurry up and be old enough to eat all of this stuff, because it’s just going to go to my ass.
– Isla slept in her crib for the first time last night. In fact, she slept there pretty much all night, from about 10:30 to 5 am! Yay Isla! And yay me for being able to sleep as well and not staring at the baby monitor in a worried mess.
– I think salmon makes me ill, which makes me so sad because it’s one of my favourites. I’m hoping it’s just the source of the salmon I ate, because I had a salmon burger and I felt fine, but two fillets I had on two separate occasions made me feel horrible. I only ever eat salmon at my mom’s since Kyle’s not a huge fan of seafood.
– If there’s a lockout for the NHL this year, I’ll be a sad panda. What are we going to do all winter? Who are we going to yell at for bad refing, poor calls, and shitty goaltending? It’s probably a Canadian thing, but I hope the players and the NHL can come to an agreement. Don’t know what the hell I’m talking about? Read this.
– It’s my boss’s last day of work today, and then he’s retiring after 40 years of being in the newspaper business. I’m pretty sad that’s he’s leaving while I’m away on maternity leave, but he deserves every second of his retirement. He’s an amazingly dedicated person, and I just wish I could have learned a little bit more from him. What I did learn from him though will stick with me forever!
– I’ll leave you with a video of Isla trying to roll over. She’s gone from tummy to back a few times, but sometimes she doesn’t get her momentum going and gets mad. This is one of those times:
Happy Friday everyone!