Lists are fun, aren’t they? They’re also a great way to get a quick blog post in without getting too in-depth with things.
- Today is actually NOT my Friday – Yesterday was! Today Kyle and I are heading to Kelowna to meet and greet our potential new pup! We’re really hoping it all goes well and his personality matches Daphne’s okay, or at least Daphne tolerates him. I’m sure it will work out though!
- My Grandma’s recovery is going REALLY well! She’s moved down to the “rehab” floor, where the nurses and staff are working her butt off getting her better. She’s had so much improvement over the last week, it’s amazing. I’m so proud of her progress – she’s a tough woman and just won’t give up!
- As of Monday I will be the only pregnant woman at work. A co-worker who is also expecting starts her maternity leave on Monday, so it will just be me waddling around the office. I don’t know if it’s good or bad, but I do wish her all the best as she awaits the arrival of her second lil’ one! (I’m betting it’s a girl :))
- Since I’m writing this Thursday, I will note that I took/am taking a 3-hour crash course in “How To Use My DSLR Camera” last night (Thursday night) with my awesomesauce wedding photog Jo. I’m sure I’ll learn a lot and will be able to take better shots and get more use out of my camera!
- Winter just won’t seem to let up. The past couple mornings there’s been a little skiff of snow on the ground. Boo. The first day of spring is next week, so I’m hoping that will be the end of it! I really want to start wearing flats and sandals, because I’m getting too pregnant to put boots on. It takes way more effort than it should.
- My favourite author, Emily Giffin’s, new book, titled “Where We Belong” comes out July 21! I seen it available for pre-order online Wednesday night and it got me all giddy. Then I got all sad because I have to wait 4 months to get it.
- I’m really sad that the season is over the The Walking Dead. Season 2 was SOOOO good, I can’t wait to see what Season 3 brings! I’d say more but I don’t want to spoil it for anyone who may have not watched the episodes yet.
- I think I’m getting pregnancy carpal tunnel. Or just retaining more water. My fingers feel fat, achy and downright horrible. I check my wedding and engagement rings everyday to make sure I can still take them off. I’ll be sad if I have to get them cut off!
- My plan is to make these Chocolate Zucchini Muffins that I originally spied on Kyla Roma’s blog sometime this weekend. They look SOOOO good, and I’m hoping Kyle likes them. If not, more for me, right? Right!
- I really don’t understand the Willy Wonka memes I see floating around Pinterest, mostly because I find Willy Wonka to be a little creepy, however, I did find this one quite amusing:
That’s all I got for today!
What are your weekend plans?