I haven’t participated in Nora’s fun meme in a while, so I figured I’d join in today!
- Having this stupid cold for over a week now. Why can’t it just go away? My nose is raw from blowing it so much. Ugh.
- Cold winds. I don’t care if it’s -10 outside, just as long as there’s no wind to make it worse! Lately it’s been windy, so it makes the temperature at least another 5 degrees colder outside. (Like right now as I type this it says that it’s -3 outside, but feels like -7!)
- Having a dishwasher is great, but now I fill it up and won’t run it for a couple days, leaving me without some utensils I need to cook with! Can’t live with it, can’t live without it …
- Not really a whine, but I feel bad for only sending out one Christmas card this year. I just didn’t feel like doing cards this year. That, and since I bought a box of mixed cards last year I was going to use the ones I had left over, but I can’t remember who got what card last year. No one likes repeated cards! Oh well.
- Not being able to sleep on my stomach. I know I’m not really showing any baby bump yet, but I’ve been trying to “train” myself not to roll over onto my stomach when I’m sleeping since I’m a tummy sleeper. I don’t have a special pillow or anything yet, but 9 times out of 10, I find myself laying on my stomach in the middle of the night. My arms are all crampy from sleeping on my side.
- Cuddling with my dog in bed after Kyle leaves for work. She’s not really allowed on the bed, but having her there helps me fall back to sleep.
- Acting dumb when coworkers ask me if my “news” is true. Ha! Shame on them for gossiping! ;)
- Hand-written Christmas stories. My work just hosted a Christmas story contest in which people wrote a theme-based original story. I had to retype one of the hand-printed stories and it nearly made me cry at work, it was so awesome. I probably would’ve picked it for the winner if I was one of the judges.
- Christmas movies. Kyle and I have watched Die Hard and Home Alone together, and have the original How the Grinch Stole Christmas on the PVR to watch this weekend. It’s awesome “together” time!
- Fear Factor! Kyle and I were so excited to hear that it was coming back, and the first two episodes were awesome! The show’s definitely more intense this time around compared to when it first started 10(!!!) years ago. It’s a warm and fuzzy show for us since we used to go to each other’s house and watch it as “date night.” And host Joe Rogan is more funny now since we’ve got used to his raunchy humour and UFC commentary. Love that show!
- The idea of becoming a Mommy. It’s still so surreal that I’m pregnant and in 6 months we’ll have a little one in the house. I love reading my weekly updates on how the “kidney bean” (what Kyle and I have nicknamed the fetus, lol) is progressing. I can’t wait for my doctor’s appointment next week!
What are your Wines and Loves for this week?
Did/do you watch Fear Factor?
5 thoughts on “Wine and Love v4”
I can’t imagine what it feels like to be pregnant, especially around this time of year!! I’m so happy for you both, I could just burst! I cannot wait to see baby bump pictures.
No, I hated Fear Factor. I cannot watch people eat bugs. It makes me want to hurl just thinking about it.
One thing about being pregnant during the holidays I’ve noticed is that you’re everyone’s designated driver! Not that I mind really, but it’s awfully convenient for my friends, lol!
As someone with a dishwasher, I really don’t understand this sentence: “Having a dishwasher is great, but now I fill it up and won’t run it for a couple days, leaving me without some utensils I need to cook with! Can’t live with it, can’t live without it …”
Why don’t you just run it??? Lol. We run ours daily I’d say, and sometimes twice a day! I guess that’s what happens when you have 3 people in one house!
Hope your Christmas story wins!
I hate running half-filled dishwashers! I’m trying to conserve water since our house is water-meter ready. Boo!
OHHH the way I read that sentence was that it was full but you still don’t run it for a couple of days :) Haha
Ya I am always giving the boys trouble for running the dishwasher half-full!! We still usually run it FULL at least once a day though!