So a while ago when I made my 96 in 1096 list, I’d say I take part in the 30 Day Blogging Challenge and blog every day for a month. Since Amber started the challenge a couple weeks ago and there’s 30 days in November, I figured I may as well start the challenge myself!
So here’s Day 1: Introduction, a recent picture, and 15 interesting facts
So, as an intro, I’d like to say that I have no idea why I really started blogging. It all started out as a project for one of my journalism courses and I just going with it ever since. What else? I’m 24, Canadian and a freelance writer.
As for a recent photo, this is all I got:
I don’t really have photos of myself taken and am extremely picky when it comes to taking photos of myself. This one is about 3 weeks old, maybe more.
15 interesting facts:
- I hate the sound of styrofoam.
- I have three jobs: A day job (Job #1), an evening/weekend job (Job #2), and a freelance writing job (Job #3). All three manage to keep me busy enough to lose my bloody mind from time to time.
- I really wish everyday was Casual Friday at Job #1. I hate having to wear dress pants.
- I have had the same basic hairstyle since Grade 10: Straight with some layers, parted right down the middle. I’m experimenting with a side-part right now and may even get bangs (which I haven’t had since Grade 7) when my hair gets longer.
- I’ve been with my boyfriend for almost eight years and we’re technically a common-law couple. It’s a little weird to hear, but oh-so grown-up!
- I had braces when I was younger and after they were removed, I always took my retainer out in my sleep. (The orthodontist never told me to wear it during the day either!) Needless to say, my teeth are a little crooked again and my dentist wants to get braces again. Hell no!
- At Job #1 I’m the second youngest employee (by a long shot) and at Job #2 I’m one of the oldest junior cashiers. It’s sad.
- I really want a cat but I’m horribly allergic.
- I hate having long fingernails.
- I’m not a nail chewer.
- Sometimes I think I have the smallest bladder in the world. If/when I’m pregnant, I may consider just wearing Depends.
- People constantly think my step-brother is my real brother, even though we look nothing alike. (My real brother and I do)
- I can be nauseously friendly when I have to be but a bitch when I need to be. I’m the perfect Customer Service representative.
- I really wish my best friend lived closer to Kamloops instead of 14 hours away.
- I love reading. LOVE IT.
So there’s Day 1! Tomorrow: The meaning behind my blog’s name