There’s a lot of hard stuff going on in the village neighbouring my hometown, so I’m digging deep today to find the happy today:
- Slo-pitch all weekend with my awesome ball fam-jam. We played hard (enough) and went 3-1 in the tournament with some of our best batting and fielding yet. My quads are still yelling at me a bit, but it was worth it!
- Isla picked out the most amazing ice cream cake for my birthday. (With Kyle’s help, of course.) He drove her to DQ and she told the employee what she wanted written on the cake, (“Happy Birthday Mom”) what kind of decorations, (flowers and strawberries), and what size. (SLAB to serve 20-30!) She was SO proud to show me my “surprise” and I can’t wait to dig into it this weekend.
- I’ve been making quesadillas at home with cheese (obviously) and whatever I can find in the fridge (deli meat, tomatoes, green onions, etc.) and OMG they are soooo gooooooood. Now I must wrap ALL THE THINGS because I bought a Costco-sized pack of tortillas. Breakfast burritos are in my future, yo.
- I was lucky enough to receive two pedicure gift certificates AND a spa day for my birthday, and I cannot wait to book them.
That’s all for today. What’s making you happy?
I just remembered that I’m actually horrible at Roman numerals and I’m pretty sure after XIII I’m going to have to Google everything. Oh well!
Time for today’s tiny happys:
- Isla started t-ball yesterday and although it’s more of a skills-building activity she had fun and is happy to be playing “baseball.”
- We got the proofs back from our Mother/Daughter photo shoot and they turned out great! My mom and I will be sitting down to pick out our favourites at some point this week.
- Tomorrow I’m cooking (and delivering) a meal for my dear friend who’s recovering from her c-section. I even bought those classy take-out containers with the cardboard lids. Her mom organized this whole meal planning thing via Meal Train and it’s truly brilliant.
- This past Sunday our family took part in the 20th annual Boogie the Bridge and while I posted my race recap yesterday I’m still so happy with how well we all did! I literally CANNOT EVEN when it comes to stairs, but it’s so worth it :)
What has you happy today?
I wish I had an excuse for missing Tiny Happy Tuesday last week, but I don’t. Regardless, I’m back this week with a few tiny happies to share:
- Slo-pitch started back up on Sunday and although we lost both of our games it was great to be back on the field with my team. A good chunk of us have been playing together for over 5 years now, so it’s like being with family in a way.
- We have new countertops! There’s a few kinks that need to be worked out but I’m seeing past those and I’m happy with how they look. It’s so hard to get a feel for things when you’re only given a little 1″ sample chip, so I’m relieved!
- My friend had her baby on Monday and he’s the sweetest little peanut <3 My heart is melting and I cannot wait to meet him!
That’s about all that comes to mind right now. What’s making you happy today?