Whew! I totally didn’t mean to go MIA for practically two weeks, but Kyle had the week before Christmas off so we got busy enjoying some family time around the holidays and I pushed blogging onto the back burner. (Can you blame me?)
A lot went on so I figured I’d just break down our Christmas holiday time in bullet-form!
- Kyle’s dad came into town the weekend before Christmas for dinner and to stay the night. Kyle made an amazing roast beef dinner and the girls enjoyed the visit a lot!
- Kyle and I took Isla to see her first movie in theatre! We dropped Norah off at Kyle’s mom’s and we didn’t tell Isla where we were taking her, other than it was a surprise. She was super excited when she learned we were watching Moana in theatre, and in 3D to boot! She did awesome and loved the movie, so we cannot wait to take her to another one.
- Isla and I put together a gingerbread house and she really got into decorating it. While I had a method to my “side” of the roof, Isla went more freestyle so the result was pretty amusing ;)
- Right before Christmas Norah had her 18-month doctor check-up. While she’s right on target for growth (and tall, even!), she was diagnosed with an ear infection and so she had to start antibiotics. It would explain why she was waking up in the middle of the night and after a couple days of medicine she was feeling much better and getting back to her usual self!
- Christmas came bright and early on Sunday! Kyle and I actually woke up before the girls and managed to shower before Norah woke up, and then we all had to go get Isla out of bed to open presents because she was still sleeping at 8 a.m.! Santa spoiled us all rotten and it looked like a wrapping paper bomb had gone off in our living room. We hosted Christmas dinner with 10 of us all together, and Kyle put on an amazing spread! I must say, I’m pretty lucky to have a multi-talented husband; I’ve yet to cook a turkey because Kyle always takes the lead. (He’s far better at multitasking than I am!)
- Boxing Day was a bit of a relaxing day for us as we didn’t really leave the house. My dad was coming to town to drop my brother off at my mom’s, so they stopped at our house first to have lunch and exchange gifts. Kyle had to go back to work on Tuesday, so it was nice to have a low-key day since Sunday was pretty hectic.
- I continued on with our Boxing Day tradition of taking down our Christmas decorations. Isla was pretty sad about it, but as much as I like decking the halls, I like having the house back to normal!
- On Tuesday the girls and I went down to my mom’s to visit some more with my brother. Norah got to play in the snow for the first time ever and her reaction was pretty standard – freak out at first then warm up to it like any Canadian ;)
- My mom had gotten Isla a pass for a splatter paint session at 4 Cats Studio, so Norah hung out with my mom while Isla and I went to that. Isla had a blast and didn’t want the session to end, but she’s excited to go back and pick up her masterpiece!
- We’re now slowly adjusting to our usual schedule since Isla heads back to school and dance next week. I can’t believe that 2016 is almost over! Year in Review posts to follow this weekend.
How was your Christmas? Was Santa good to you??