Oh Friday, how glad am I to see you? Here’s today’s list of random shiz:
- It’s been an unbelievably long week for me. I’m tired and I’m surprised I haven’t caught a cold or something because of it. I’m ready to sleep in tomorrow morning, for as long as I can with two dogs.
- Speaking of two dogs – Kyle and I are in the final stages of adopting a dog. There’s been so much going on that I haven’t had time to blog about it, but if you follow me on Twitter or have me on Facebook, I’ve posted a few details and some pictures.
- Yesterday at work my computer monitor died. And then, as we were plugging in the back-up monitor, my coffee spilled onto my keyboard and that died as well. I’m full of technology win lately.
- Yesterday I also had my gestational diabetes test in the morning. Nothing like chugging sugary orange liquid that tastes like orange pop first thing in the morning! (It tastes even better if you just brushed your teeth) Between that and the mocha I drank afterwards, I had a slight sugar buzz. And Baby seemed to like the orange drink because she started thrashing around shortly after I drank it. Kyle called it Red Bull for babies, lol.
- In true Kamloops fashion, it snowed on the first day of spring, and then promptly melted away by the afternoon. We had the wonkiest weather, I swear.
- Last week I took a 3-hr digital photography crash-course class with my awesomesauce wedding photog Jo. I am happy to say that I definitely learned a few things and can now take WAAY better photos in full manual mode with my camera. Thanks Jo, you’re the bestest!
- Heartburn has been killing me lately. Even when I avoid all the things that cause it like acidic and spicy foods. I’ve been eating Tums like they’re candy but I’m thinking I might have to try something stronger. This will be a question for my doctor at next week’s appointment.
- I would like to say that my husband is truly the most amazing man I have the pleasure of knowing. He’s done so much for me lately, I don’t know where to begin when it comes to thanking him. Thanks, my love :)
- The second most amazing man I know is my grandpa. He’s my hero right now.
- Friends are coming to visit this weekend and I’m looking forward to some good times and laughs. I really need it right now, so it will be nice.
- I have zero interest in the Hunger Games, just like I had zero interest in Harry Potter and the Twilight movies. Sorry kids.
That’s it! Happy Friday!
What are your weekend plans?