Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012! It’s hard to believe that another year has come and gone. In honour of an amazing year, I present to you some of my memorable moments from the past year!
- Wedding planning was in full-swing as I started my 6-month countdown, designed my invitations, and eventually found bridesmaid dresses for my girls!
- Kyle ordered a new truck – a 2011 Ranger – and it eventually arrived a couple months later! (Although now we’re looking to get rid of it for a bigger truck with car-seat friendly backseats!)
- I signed up for a gym membership again, which I ended up cancelling 6 months later.
- I entered the smartphone world and got myself an HTC Desire Z (which I’m now cursing and can’t wait to upgrade!)
- I took a deep breath and published a post about one of my biggest insecurities.
- Kyle got a new job and it really helped to kick-start our future.
- My wedding dress arrived and I couldn’t wait to put it on!
- Thanks to the new Facebook timeline, it looks like I posted about everyone having babies, but that they wouldn’t be coming from me. Hmm, not so much I guess!
- I debated whether or not I should buy a bathroom scale.
- I went geocaching for the first time ever with Melissa and it was a lot of fun!
- I started receiving wedding RSVP’s back in the mail and it was like Christmas all over again seeing who accepted and who declined.
- Kyle gave me my birthday/wedding present a few days early – a Nikon D90! I’m still learning how to use all its amazing features.
- I turned 25 and had my bachelorette/bridal shower all on the same day! What an exhausting one it was too.
- I also entered the final month (which turned into the final days!) of wedding planning which left me beyond stressed, and I blogged about the little things that sometimes you don’t think of when it comes to wedding planning.
- I got married!!! Need I say more?
- My beloved Vancouver Canucks entered the Stanley Cup Final and sadly, lost. As a result, non-fans decided to riot, one of the most heart-breaking things I ever witnessed.
- I started playing softball again and remembered how much I love it
- I got a new job position at work and I loooove it! I also quit Job #2 after almost five years of it nearly killing me. Best decision I ever made.
- We went out to the middle of nowhere for a friend’s wedding and I got eaten alive by mosquitoes! 27 bites on one leg alone! It was awful, but the wedding was fun.
- Kyle and I started redoing a room in our townhouse – and it turned out fabulously!
- I traveled to Prince George for my best friend’s wedding, where I was a bridesmaid. I was skeptical of going, but it turned out to be a lot of fun!
- While in Prince George I also finally met up with one of my bloggy friends after 5 YEARS of conversing over the internet! It was way overdue!
- I found out my mom’s lab, Tanner, aka the best dog in the world, has cancer. It was probably the worst news I heard all year.
- I signed up for the fall season of softball and it was some of the best times ever!
- I went to the Farmer’s Market for the first time in a couple years and got a great haul of local goodies!
- Kyle and I started hunting for our second home.
- My Tanner lost his battle with cancer. It’s still hard to think about to this day.
- I got my hair cut and got some bangs at the same time. After a slight adjustment period, I’m still loving them!
- Though I wouldn’t know for another couple weeks, I conceived a child!
- Kyle and I made an offer on another house!
- Although it was a password-protected post when I first posted it, I announced that I was expecting a baby in June 2012!
- I had to live for two weeks without a stove because a $1 salt shaker fell on top of it and broke the glass. It was a difficult two weeks!
- Our offer was accepted on the house we wanted, so after being in our townhouse for a little over a year, I started packing it back up again to move at the end of the month.
- Kyle and I celebrated our last “dating” anniversary before we celebrate our first wedding anniversary in June 2012. We’ve been together for 9 years!
- I wrote a sports story for work and it turned out pretty well for my first REAL sports story ever! It’s not even my area of expertise, so I was happy regardless.
- Kyle and I became landlords as we rented out our townhouse.
- We got completely moved into our new house and the unpacking commenced!
- We got settled into our new house, completed it with new furniture, and decked the halls for Christmas!
- One of my closest friends came home for the holidays and I got some much-needed “girl time.” I really need more in-town girl friends!
- I finally “came out” and announced that Kyle and I are expecting a baby on June 25, 2012! I also blogged about whether or not we’re going to find out what we’re having.
- I blogged about how having multiple Christmas dinners was taking its toll on me. I swear 2011 was the last year of 3+ Christmases!
So there you have it, my year in a nutshell! It’s been a crazy busy one, and with baby on the way mid-next year, it doesn’t seem like life is going to slow down anytime soon!
Wishing all my amazing blog readers the very best in 2012!!