Seriously, it feels like we’ve been looking at houses forever. I guess we have since we pretty much just bought our current place last September and now we’re hunting again. *sigh* Before I bore you with house hunting details, I must show you what I woke up to this morning:
Pardon the reflection of my ceiling fan, but it’s downright miserable outside now! Like, 40% chance of snow, miserable. I better get my winter tires on soon!
Now – Onto the house hunting!
I blogged about this before, but just in case you don’t feel like clicking the link to read the post, basically, we’re looking for a detached home because we’re tired of being attached to our neighbours.
Monday after work Kyle and I went and looked at a place on a street that we’ve always wanted to live on, but the majority of the houses are single bathroom, two bedroom jobs, so it wasn’t quiet ideal for us. The house on Monday was a little bigger, had two bathrooms, and was GORGEOUS but – a little too small. Enter our original #3 house.
Back in our first couple weeks of detached home hunting, we viewed a handful of houses and had narrowed it down to our top two (the two I mentioned in the first link above). Well, House #1 sold right before we went for our second viewing. House #2, after a second viewing with my mom in tow, was scratched off the list due to its slight impracticality. It was awesome, but it only had two bedrooms upstairs and really, we want the bedrooms all in one central location, especially in a larger house.
So – after that, and the viewing on Monday, we went back to House #3. House #3 was right behind #1 and 2 because while it has a HUGE backyard, it was way up a hill and the dining room wasn’t quiet ideal (read: smaller). But, it was still amazing, and after a little/5 minutes of thinking, we decided to put an offer on it:
The time difference thing? Well, the owners of the house moved to AUSTRALIA so we have an 18 hour time difference to deal with. When we made our offer, it was 1 a.m., assuming they’re on the Sydney-side of the country. (We have no idea) As of right now we still haven’t heard anything back from them on our offer, but we’re not expecting negotiations to go quickly. It’s not like we’re in a huge rush to move either.
Ah, and we finally decided that if we do get this place, we’ll rent out our townhouse for a couple years. We really wouldn’t make anything off it (we’d probably actually take a slight loss) so since we can afford it, we’ll rent it out.