It’s all about pasta today on ToT!
1. Red Sauce or White Sauce?
Normally, I like red sauce, but with a seafood-based pasta dish, I like white sauce.
2. Do you prefer pasta you can twirl or stab?
Either! I looooove pasta of all shapes and sizes. And fact: I can twirl my pasta without the assistance of a spoon.
3. Baked or boiled?
Baked, preferably with lots of delicious cheese
4. Do you like meat in your sauce or do you kick it vegetarian style?
I *think* I like meat sauce better, but vegetarian sauce is pretty awesome too.
5. Where have you had your very best pasta ever?
My favourite pasta dish is at a restaurant called Earl’s (it’s a chain restaurant). There’s an (apparent) amazing pasta place downtown but I’ve yet to go! It’s one of those places where I tell Kyle I want to go but we always forget! One day …
6. What is your favorite pasta dish?
At Earl’s, it has kalamata olives, goat cheese, roasted red peppers, cherry tomatoes and some other delicious stuff. I usually add shrimp to the pasta for a few $ more.
7. Do you serve meatballs when you make spaghetti or just do a meat sauce?
I just make a good, chunky meat sauce! It’s a lot less work that making the meatballs.
8. Why type (rice, whole wheat, egg, etc) of noodles do you use?
I use the plain ol’ “regular” noodles that probably are not so good for you. Really though, I think the whole wheat pasta tastes like cardboard. Egg noodles are good though – I’ve been wanting to make beef stroganoff.
9. What type of meats or vegetables do you put in your sauce?
I use ground beef, and then for veggies I use onion, celery, mushrooms and carrots.
10. Do you make a “Sunday gravy” to use throughout the week or do you just open a jar of whatever and heat it up? (No judgment on this one!)
I have never heard of this “Sunday gravy” concept, so no! Usually if I need pasta sauce on a whim I just buy a jar of whatever.