1. Do you do laundry all at the same time or a load here and there?
Usually I do it all at once. I HATE doing laundry, more specifically, folding laundry, so I try to get it all done at the same time. More times than not, it will just sit in the basket until it’s half-empty and they we’ll put the rest away. Kyle and I are horrible at doing laundry.
2. What kind of detergent do you use?
We use Cheer Cold Water. We used to use the regular “warm water” Cheer but I announced to Kyle when we were buying more that we’re going to be a cold water household. He didn’t argue. Happy wife, happy life, right? ;)
3. Do you use fabric softener?
No. Should I?
4. Do you use dryer sheets?
Yes. It gets so dry here that you get all staticy and clingy if you don’t. Especially in the winter. And it helps the the dog hair off my clothes. Oh the hair …
5. Do you iron your own clothes or take them to a cleaner to get pressed?
I iron my clothes when I need to, which is rarely. I think I own three items of clothing that need to be ironed before I wear them and because of that, I don’t wear them often.
6. Do you like heavy starch or light starch?
No starch? I never understood starching clothes.
7. Do you wash all your laundry at once or separate it?
I try and keep my lights and darks separate, especially when I’m washing new clothes with bold, dark colours. I haven’t turned my whites pink yet!
8. How do you separate it? By people or by colors?
Usually by colours and clothing “type”. Socks, underwear and pajamas all go together regardless of colour. Darks all go together. If I have whites I’ll toss them in with the socks and whatnot. We actually don’t have many whites; I guess we’re dark people, lol.
9. What clothes get hung up and what goes in drawers?
Everything but socks, underwear and pajamas gets hung up.
10. Do you use plastic, wire, or wooden hangers? Do they all match?
We have plastic and wire hangers, and no, they don’t match. Pants go on the wire hangers and everything else goes on the plastic hangers. My strappy/wide necked shirts go on special plastic hangers with rubber bits on them so they don’t fall off. Kyle hasn’t learned my system yet and usually just hands me clothes out of the laundry basket if/when we actually hang & fold our laundry.