Hi guys! I’m TWO days away from getting married and today I have Angela from Craving Cupcakes guest posting! Angela makes some of the yummiest looking baked goods I’ve ever laid my eyes on! Today she’s sharing one of her favourite recipes – and one I’ll have to try making in the future!
Hi! My name is Angela, and I blog over at Craving Cupcakes. My blog is sort of a mixed bag when it comes to what I post about. Posts range from my every day life to the things I bake. I’m a nanny, an avid baker, and I live with my boyfriend. We moved into a townhouse several months ago, so some home related posts may creep in from time to time. Like the ever so awesome Kara, I’m a fellow Canadian. In fact, we live in neighboring provinces! I figured that for my guest post, I’d share what I do best: baking. This is one of my favorite recipes that I’ve blogged about before.
One thing you’ll learn quickly through my blogs is that both my boyfriend Stephen and I are peanut butter and chocolate fiends, with Reese’s peanut butter cups being one of our favorite treats. When I came across this recipe from Recipe Girl, I knew it was a perfect match. These cookies were amazing, and didn’t last long around my household. I highly recommend you try them! It also helps that they’re fairly easy to make.
Before we get to the recipe, I just wanted to say thanks to Kara for letting guest post, and hopefully she has a happy wedding week!
Reese’s Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies
From Recipe Girl
- 1/2 cup room temperature butter
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 12 Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups (regular sized)
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter and sugars. Add in egg and beat well.
4. Fold flour mixture into the butter mixture. Fold in chocolate chips.
5. Scoop out a tablespoonful of dough and flatten it. Place a peanut butter cup on top, then top with another tablespoonful of dough. Shape the dough around the peanut butter cup, making sure that you can’t see any of the cup peeking through. Only bake 6 cookies at a time, because they are quite large.
6. Garnish with additional chocolate chips if desired. Bake for 12 minutes.
Don’t they look delicious? Thanks for sharing Angela!
One thought on “Guest Post: Reese’s Stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies”
Pingback: Chocolate + Peanut butter = :) « Beautiful Disasters