Here’s another edition of Ten on Tuesday, brought to you by Roots and Rings!
1. If you could travel back in time, would you? What decade would you visit?
I sure would! I’d visit the 17th Century, or something fabulous like that. The gowns, feasts and parties would be amazing to experience, minus the beheading and such. And all the scandals! King cheats on Queen with girl, she has his baby and then he falls in love with her sister, she has her baby … drama!
2. What was your best Halloween costume? (fun to make? most creative?)
A couple years ago I borrowed all of Kyle’s welding stuff (jacket, overalls, helmet, etc.) and was a welder for Halloween at work. That was pretty awesome. I haven’t dressed up for Halloween since! When I was little my mom and aunt made me a Little Mermaid costume, and that was pretty awesome.
3. Do you like your name? If you weren’t called by your name, what would you want to be called?
I do like my name! I really can’t think of another name to be called by, but since some of my coworkers think I’m actually a crappy old spinster, we’ll go with Gertrude.
4. In the past year, what is the BEST recipe you made. Please share it!
It was definitely my Banana Bread, and the recipe is posted here!
5. Look around – what is the nearest object or picture hanging on the wall?
It’s a picture my aunt gave me when I graduated from high school. I’ve been meaning to replace it with Kyle’s welding certificate, but I haven’t felt like climbing chairs in a while.
6. What was the last movie you saw in a theatre? Would you recommend it?
I watched Valentine’s Day with my mom. It was cute! I’d watch it again :)
7. Did you go to summer camp? Will you/do you send your kids to camp?
Summer camps were non-existent in my small hometown, but there was a science camp one summer that I went to. I think I was was the summer between Grades 2 and 3 maybe? It was a lot of fun ANNNND Kyle and I were in the same group! I think we were destined to be together.
8. What kind of ringtone do you have?
For calls I have “Bad Romance” by Lady Gaga and for texts I just have a knocking sound.
9. Where is the farthest away from home you have ever been?
Palm Springs, California! My Nana used to live there and my grandparents always snowbird there, so I got to fly down and visit them during spring break in Grade 9. It was so much fun, even though it was with my grandparents.
10. Has anyone ever written a song or a poem for or about you?
I’m pretty sure John Mayer wrote “Wonderland” thinking of me. Haha!
Now tell me – How do you like your coffee?