It’s not surprising that because we had amazing weather in January, February was total crap. We spent the majority of the month trying to stay warm, but here’s what we got up to in between:
- While my thermometer claims that the coldest it got to was -23°C/-9.4°F, I’m pretty sure that with the windchill it was more like -37°C/-34°F. Yuck!
- The girls and I went and visited some friends just outside of town at the beginning of the month. It was nice to get out of the house and be social after being cooped up inside all the time due to the cold.
- My dad and his girlfriend came into town to celebrate Chinese New Year. We went out for lunch and the girls enjoyed the visit and their red envelopes, lol. I’m not sure they grasp the concept of the holiday, but I hope I can teach them a little bit about their heritage.
- I planned out the races that I hope to run in (and finish) this year, but it looks like one of them is going to be on hiatus. It’s disappointing, but it happens. A local running store is also putting on a special Run Series where if you complete a minimum of eight local races from a specific list, you earn a free pair of shoes! A good chunk of them are already on my list, so I’m thinking I might try and tackle it! The biggest hurdle will be completing the Blackwell Dairy 15km race – I’ll really have to train up for this one and just focus on finish lines rather than finish times.
- I finally got to watch Bohemian Rhapsody and loved it SO much. I love Queen’s music and the movie really helped me learn more about the band and Freddy Mercury. I definitely recommend it!
- We had the Family Day holiday mid-month, and it just so happened to be a beautiful sunny day! We decided to get out and enjoy it, so Kyle and I loaded the girls into the car and we headed down to the park for a little bit for some fresh air and Vitamin D. The girls were skeptical at first, but were soon running around and having fun.
- I went to a spin class in the first time in forever and nearly drowned in my own sweat! I always forget how hot these classes get and never wear the right attire. One day I’ll get it right, ha.
- I had an over-the-phone job interview, which was only slightly less stressful than an in-person one. I’ve yet to hear back and I’m not getting my hopes up too much, but it was good to practice my interview skills. Whatever happens, happens!
- Our household got a lot of prep done for bringing home our new puppy! Keep your eyes peeled here as I’ll post an update on that as soon as possible!
That pretty much sums up February! It’s was a tough month between the cold weather and a few other things, but I’m hoping spring will be here soon! March brings us Daylight Savings Time, Spring Break, and the beginning of running season!
How was your February? I hope you stayed warm!