Good morning to you! I hope you had a wonderful weekend and that you’re ready to grab Monday by the cojones!
It’s been a couple weeks since I’ve done a life update post, so lets grab a cup of coffee together and catch up, shall we?
- The biggest “news” is that Kyle and I sold our VW Golf! Those are some serious air quotes around “news” because it was a rather unceremonious occasion, but Vera Wagon is no longer a part of our fleet. She more or less just sat around our garage and took up space, so she’s gone.
- Norah finally cut another second molar after almost 6 months of nothing. Hallelujah! Thankfully she’s handled this tooth like a champ compared to her bottom teeth and she hasn’t been miserable.
- Over the weekend Kyle tackled a little home reno project that we’ve been talking about doing for ages: Wainscoting! We put it in the dining area just off the kitchen and while I still need to paint it, it has really brought the two spaces together!
- I’ve been making a big effort to get back into shape these days. I’ve been waking up early a few days a week to run on the treadmill to get my cardio in better condition, and on Friday I did a round of Jillian Michael’s Yoga Meltdown and it killed my upper body. I don’t know what has lit this fire under my ass, but a little fitness never hurt no one, right? Perhaps one day I’ll be confident enough in my running to do the Lululemon Seawheeze! The registration lottery for that was the other day and it was so tempting but I’m not quite there yet!
- Oh yeah, and I also signed up for a Barre & Brew event next month! I’m looking forward to it, even though I’m not super crazy about beer.
- I was holding a little 9 month-old baby the other day and Norah got SUPER jealous. She kept telling me to put the baby down and that it was “her turn” to sit on my lap. Sheesh! The baby started fussing and I put her down anyway, but my goodness, Norah has never acted like that before!
- The Parent Advisory Council (PAC) at Isla’s school is hosting a raffle to raise money for various things needed at the school. The prizes are pretty amazing and I just have to give a big shout out and a thank you to everyone I know who has purchased tickets to support her school!
- Kyle and I have already started hashing out some summer vacation ideas, and we’re thinking a waterslide tour is going to happen! There’s a few good ones within a few hours of us, so we’re going to try and visit a couple when summertime comes around. The girls both had a blast last summer when we went so I think it will be fun to go again this year.
I think that’s all I have to share for this morning so tell me, What’s new and exciting in your world right now?