I received the Liebster Award from Vicki at Tippytupps. Thanks Vicki! What’s I’m supposed to do is answer the questions she posted, then create 11 of my own and nominate 11 people. So, here we go:
1. What is your favourite season and why?
I’d like to say spring because I love being able to sit outside and bask in the sun’s rays, but everything is usually melting and mucky and gross otherwise. Fall is probably my favourite. Nothing is prettier than the changing colours of the leaves on the trees!
2. What is your favourite book?
I don’t think I have a favourite book. There’s a few that I’ve read that I’ve really enjoyed and that have moved me, and I have a couple of favourite authors, but I don’t think I have a #1 favourite book.
3. Favourite place you’ve visited and why?
Two places come to mind for this one – Las Vegas and Sechelt. Totally different places! Vegas because well, it’s Vegas! It was such an amazing place to visit with Kyle and I loved being able to just be an adult! It’s totally not a place I’d take the kids, although it is common. Sechelt holds a dear place in my heart as I have fond memories travelling there with my grandparents, and it’s where my grandma’s and great-grandma’s ashes were spread. I just find it peaceful and calming.
4. Where would you like to be in 5 years time?
I’d like to be exactly where I am – happy and healthy, surrounded by love. As cheesy as it may sound, I honestly wouldn’t change much about my current life status.
5. What is your biggest fear?
Something bad happening to my family. I know you can’t live in a constant state of worry or fear, because that’s how you trap yourself, but they all mean the world to me and I would be devastated if something bad were to happen.
6. What is your favourite thing about yourself and why?
I grew two little humans inside of me. I’d say that’s pretty awesome. ;)
7. Given the choice, what holiday would you prefer – city break, beach or adventure holiday?
Right now I’d totally go for a beach holiday. Christmas is over and I’m done with the cold and snow. Come December 26, the white stuff loses its allure!
8. What is your guilty pleasure TV show? (C’mon, be honest!)
America’s Next Top Model, although it just wrapped up its last season in December. I’m also known to watch anything that involves Gordon Ramsay, except for Hell’s Kitchen. I stopped watching that a while ago. (How hard can it really be to cook a risotto, especially if you’re a good chef already??)
9. What was the first song you ever bought?
On iTunes, I have no idea. The first CD I ever personally bought was No Doubt’s Orange County, I think. The first CD I ever owned (as in, it was gifted to me) was Backstreet Boys. (Duh!)
10. Have your learnt anything from blogging? If so what?
That’s your reach to different audiences is unlimited and uncontrollable, so be cautious and aware of what you choose to publish.
11. What is your favourite quote?
“Treat others the way you want to be treated.”
So there you go! Now I’m supposed to create 11 questions of my own:
- What’s the strangest food you’ve every tried?
- When putting on your socks, do you put the left or right one on first?
- If you could dye your hair any colour and have it go right back to its normal colour the next day, what colour would you dye it?
- If you had to choose one major awards show to attend, which would it be?
- What’s your favourite board game?
- How do you like your eggs?
- Backstreet Boys or N’SYNC?
- If we were to peek at your “to watch list” on Netflix, what are three shows/movies we’d find on it?
- What’s the first memory you have as a child?
- Grown-up colouring books: Yay or nay?
- If you could only eat one meal for dinner for the rest of your life, what would it be?
So that’s that! I’m also supposed to nominate 11 people of my own, but instead I will just leave this open for anyone to copy & paste if they feel bored and need/want a “filler” post to do, or feel free to fill it out and post it in the comments section. Thanks again to Vicki for the nomination!!
One thought on “The Liebster Award”
I actually like reading random question surveys on blogs as you always learn something about someone else so I might just have to answer your questions! I also have NO idea what the first song was that I ever bought. I can remember buying a Britney Spears CD at a convenience store when I was very young but that’s about it.