Here’s some of the stuff I’ve been up to lately:
– I’m currently reading World War Z. Apparently the movie is a lot different from the book, and I can see why. It’s a good read, and really puts the whole “zombie apocalypse” thing into perspective.
– We went to visit some friends last Wednesday for a birthday. The boys shot guns, the women made jam and picked produce. Hunters & Gatherers what? We ate well, had some laughs, and a had great visit. Daphne stayed with my Dad and Campbell came with us. Isla had fun as well and didn’t have a single meltdown, even with later mealtimes and so much going on.
Bottom two photos borrowed from a friend. And the bear? It resides in the guest bathroom. Startling for middle-of-the-night tinkles.
– We have a bad wasp problem in a tree that’s in front of our house. We have no idea where the nest is, but there are literally HUNDREDS of wasps just hanging out in and around the tree. Our lawn is super long because we don’t want to make the wasps angry with the mower. Kyle sprayed the tree the other night, but there’s still TONS. Uggggh.
– Our friends set a date for their wedding next year! I won’t say when exactly, but it’s in the fall. I’m super stoked for them, because now the planning can really begin!
– I also want to give a shout out to Faith who has finally delivered Baby Frijole into the world! Congratulations to her and her husband, and welcome to parenthood!
– I went and signed up for a yoga class that starts in September. It’s a beginner class, which is wonderful since I’ve never taken a class before, and it’s through the city’s Parks & Recreation guide and not at an actual yoga centre (are they called centres?) Either way, I’m hoping the instructor is kind and understanding and that the other women in the class aren’t pros set out to make newbs look and feel bad about themselves. We’ll see. Also – I have no idea what to wear because all my actual yoga gear is sadly (but obviously) lululemon, and I don’t want to be one of those people. White girl problems, I swear.
That’s all I got. Isla is up from her nap so I better fetch her before she beheads me.
Please tell me something fun and interesting that’s going on in your life.