So, I was going to make this a “Confessions” post, but changed my mind half-way through since there’s other
fun and exciting things going on in my life. Sorry for the garbled mess going on.
– Shows I have saved on my PVR and are am little ashamed to admit I watch include Breaking Amish and Hell’s Kitchen. I don’t know why, but it’s like watching a train wreck happen in slow motion.
– When I’m trying to get ready in the morning and all Isla wants to do is be near me, I’ll put her in the bathtub (with no water, obviously) and let her play with her bath toys while I finish.
– I only enjoy watching the movie Casino if it’s the censored version on AMC. Why? Because I find the scene where Ginger (played by Sharon Stone) is cussing at Sam (Robert De Niro) to be hilarious when it’s censored. Actually, the whole movie is hilarious censored, mostly because there’s so much cussing, the “clean” words just get ridiculous. Here’s a clip, with my favourite scene at 1:30:
– Isla gets to experience her first Ashcroft Rodeo this weekend! I’m pretty excited to go and visit with family and have a nice, relaxing time, but I’m bummed that Kyle has to work. Boo :(
– It’s Father’s Day on Sunday, and I’m at a loss for what to do for Kyle. He has everything, doesn’t want anything special, and has to work that nice so will be sleeping all day, so I have no idea … Thoughts?
– The vet bills for Daphne keep adding up. Now it appears that she has a really bad UTI. Or at least I hope that’s all it is. She’s on antibiotics for it, but the vet is sending away her urine for MORE testing and if the UTI (or whatever it is) doesn’t clear up, he’s making talks about ultrasounds for kidney stones (which would mean surgery – which we cannot afford), and running tests for cancer (which is something I don’t even want to talk about because I know what that means …). If you wouldn’t mind sending some happy & healing thoughts Daphne’s way, I’d greatly appreciate it. I’m really hoping that it’s just a bad UTI.
– I’ll leave with a happy, cute photo of my kid being exactly that: