Sometimes, it’s the little victories that you accomplish during pregnancy that just make my day. For example:
– I removed my chipped nail polish from my toes all by myself. THIS IS A BIG DEAL! I got a pedicure about a month ago and I finally got sick of looking at the grown-out, chipped, barely there polish. Determined to do it myself, I managed to bend, reach and contort my way to my toes with a cotton pad. I don’t plan on getting another pedicure for a couple more weeks, but skanky looking toes are so not cool.
– I slept an entire night without waking up too warm. Not even joking. I don’t even care that I woke up to pee 4 times; not waking up in a pool of sweat is a complete WIN.
– I resisted the urge to devour doughnuts at work. Even the honey crueller.
– I can still shave my legs and all that other goodness below my waistline. For the most part, at least.
– I park in the “For Moms and Moms to Be” spot at Home Depot and the mall whenever I can.
Really, it’s the little things that help keep me sane and not miserable. It’s been a looooong 8 months, and it’s hard to believe that there’s only 4 weeks to go! So here’s to the little things!
How far along? 36 weeks!
How big is baby? Almost 6 lbs(!) and nearly 19″ long, according to BabyCentre.ca. Which is crazy because when I was born I was 6lbs 3oz. We’ll see how big she’ll actually be! (Kyle was just over 7lbs)
Total weight gain/loss: I believe I’ve gained a couple more pounds, and I’m pretty sure by the end of it all I’ll weigh around 150lbs. Holy bugger!
Maternity Clothes? Nothing new or exciting! In a couple weeks I’ll have to go out and buy a nursing bra – Oh joy!
Stretch marks? I am in complete denial about it, but I do have 4 tiny stretch marks on one side. Boo! I’m just going to have to keep rubbing lotion on them and hopefully they’ll disappear after I give birth.
Sleep: This past week it’s been hit or miss. A couple times I woke up so warm that I had to go sleep on our couch for a couple hours because the leather cooled me down.
Movement: Lots of movement still! She’s a little MMA acrobat in there, flipping around and throwing mean knees and elbows into my sides.
Food cravings: Lots of fruit lately! I devoured a pint of raspberries and ate 2lbs of strawberries in about 2 days. They were delicious!
What I miss: Being comfortable at night. By the end of the day I’m just DONE.
What I am looking forward to: The crib, changing table and dresser should be arriving sometime this week, so I’m looking forward to putting that together and having the baby’s room be complete! I think I’ll be less afraid of her arriving early once that’s all together.
Milestones: We had our prenatal class on Saturday, and it was really interesting! We covered a lot of information that I kind of already knew, but it was reassuring to hear it from two Registered Nurses. The ladies who held the class were AWESOME too. Kyle even enjoyed it a bit, which is great because he really didn’t want to go. The post-partum section of the class was the most informative I think – breastfeeding, life after baby, etc. Overall, I think it was worth the money.
What are the little victories that you’ve been celebrating lately?