1. What are your designated chores in your home?
We don’t really have designated chores. Kyle and I both do what we can, when we can. I will say that if I’m vacuuming or doing laundry Kyle will help me by lugging the vacuum or laundry basket downstairs for me if it’s too heavy. I’m getting too pregnant to be lifting heavy and awkward things!
2. What is your least favorite chore to do around the hose?
Definitely cleaning the bathrooms, which reminds me, they need to be done. Ugh.
3. What was your designated chore growing up?
Unloading the dishwasher, mostly. Or vacuuming.
4. Did you get paid to do chores or was your allowance connected to you completing your chores?
I think my allowance was connected to me completing my chores. I really don’t remember though.
5. If you had a bit of extra money, would you hire a cleaning person or would you save the money for something else?
It would depend. Do I desperately need help keeping on top of my cleaning? If so, then I’d definitely pay to have someone clean my house. If not, then probably not.
6. What chores will you make your kids do around the house?
Cleaning their rooms, helping in the kitchen, and maybe laundry when they’re old enough.
7. How frequently do you do laundry? Wash your sheets? Dust?
I think we do laundry about twice a week, once when Kyle is working and once when he’s off. We have three sets of sheets, so we change them once a week. Don’t even ask me about dusting … it doesn’t happen nearly as often as it should.
8. Do you have a designated “chore day” during the week?
No. Because Kyle works shift work, we just do housework whenever.
9. What is your favourite chore–if such a thing exists?
No such thing exists. If I enjoyed it, it wouldn’t be a chore, now wouldn’t it? ;)
10. Do you do anything to help pass the time while doing chores (music, TV, etc.)?
Sometimes when I vacuum I’ll have my iPod on, or when I’m putting laundry away I’ll turn the TV on. Usually with the TV on it takes me longer to finish things because I get distracted.