1. From your childhood, what do you miss most about summer vacation?
Camping! I love camping so much, I wish I had more time for it these days.
2. Are you going anywhere on vacation this summer?
Not technically. I’m heading out to a lake for a wedding and then up to Northern BC for another wedding. Other than that – maybe a day or overnight trip somewhere. Nothing fancy.
3. What foods do you like to barbecue?
Steak! I make THE BEST marinade ever. I swear to you! It’s just soy sauce, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic powder, lemon juice and oregano. SO GOOD! I also whip up some good shrimp kabobs too, soaked in lime juice, olive oil, and dill. NOM!
4. How do you celebrate the fourth of July?
Since I’m Canadian, it’s just like any other day to me. July 1st, however … ;)
5. What’s your favourite beverage to drink in the summertime?
Anything fruity and refreshing. I got myself a bucket of daquiri mix in the fridge right now. It’s going down!
6. What movie are you looking forward to seeing this summer?
Good question! I’m looking forward to the Hangover 2 right now. That’s about it, really.
7. In the car: windows down or AC?
It depends on how hot it is. Right now, I’m doing more windows down action. When it’s 30°+, it’s going to be AC full-black all the time.
8. Have you ever had a summer fling?
Nope! I never quite understood them.
9. Do you wear sunscreen?
When I remember to. If I know I’m going to be in the sun for a prolonged period of time (like when I’m playing golf or softball) I’ll slather on the SPF 30.
10. Do you have any favorite summertime activities?
Just being outside! I plan on reading many books this summer!