Alright kids, you know the drill! It’s Ten on Tuesday time brought to you by Chelsea at Roots and Rings!
1. If your name was a verb, what would “to Kara” mean?
“To jump nimbly pimbly-like from tree to tree.”
2. What myth have you always wanted to prove or bust?
That Pop Rocks and Coke will make your stomach explode. Any volunteers to help me test this??
3. If you had the ability to get a message out to the entire world, what would you say?
That despite popular believe, the customer is always WRONG. Wrong, wrong, wrong.
4. I know you’ve answered a similar question before, but it’s been awhile. Please name your current top 10 blogs.
Aww, do I have to? In no order:
- Girl with the Red Hair
- I Has Good Grammar
- Roots and Rings (Obviously!)
- Craving Cupcakes
- Kyla Roma
- Livit, Luvit
- Scattered Words
- Lauren from Texas
- Confessions of an Ex-Girlfriend
- Musings of an Abstract Aucklander
5. Do you have a junk drawer?
I have several “junk” drawers. Four, to be exact. I know, shame on me for having so much junk, but 2/3 of it isn’t even mine, I swear. It’s the MIL’s since we live in her house and all. I’m not allowed to throw stuff away.
6. Bottled water or tap?
Usually tap, but we do put it into a Brita filter jug. Kamloops’ water is by-far the best from-the-tap water I’ve ever had though.
7. As a kid, did you have a favourite Biblical story?
No. I’m not religious but I did go to Youth Group just for fun. All I remember is the story about Jonah and the Whale. :P
8. What is your favourite black and white movie?
Was Singing in the Rain black and white? I don’t think it was …. How about Citizen Kane? Oh, I know! Clerks! lol
9. Aside from your engagement/wedding rings, what is your favourite piece of jewelry that you own? Does it have a story behind it?
I don’t have any engagement or wedding rings. :( But – as tiny as it is, I do love the promise ring Kyle gave me. He also gave me a beautiful new necklace a couple Christmases ago, which I really love. (Or maybe it was our anniversary? I can’t remember … Oops.)
10. What sports/activities do you hope your kids will be involved in? (Answer for both a boy and a girl)
Boy or girl, I hope they try everything at least once. I’m dying to be a Volvo-driving soccer mom though. Haha!
7 thoughts on “Ten on Tuesday”
Pop rocks and coke making your stomach explode us a myth. One of my friends tried it when we were in college. He did need brain surgery the following year but I’m pretty sure it was unrelated :)
Oh no! I hope it’s unrelated! I’m never going to test that theory alone :P
Aww thanks! :) Can you believe I’ve never seen Clerks? I must add it to my list of movies to see. And Citizen Kane. I am a film failure.
The only reason why I’ve watched Citizen Kane is because of a Film History course I took when I was in high school. Watch movies for homework? Yes please! lol
I love your answer for #1…it’s so randomly hilarious!
Melissa got it – SuperTroopers! By far one of my most favourite comedies ever.