Here’s another edition of Ten on Tuesday, brought to you by Roots and Rings!
1. When you were a senior in high school, what career did you think you’d choose? Did you? Why or why not?
I thought I’d get into Marketing because I though Mel Gibson’s job in What Women Want was awesome. As it turned out, I was horrible at all classes business-related. Good thing I had a back-up career in mind! I switched to Journalism and never looked back or regretted it!
2. What one thing about the “real world” did you find most surprising once you were on your own?
I’ve never actually been “on my own”. I lived with my Dad after high school and moved in with Kyle half-way through my final year of university. But, not living with my parents has taught me that shit is expensive. Groceries, bills, etc. I knew it would be pricey, but sometimes it’s stressful.
3. Name 3 things you think your closest friends DON’T like about you.
– I tell them things they probably don’t want to hear, even if it’s the truth
– I’m really sarcastic
– I tend to be a control-freak
4. In order to sleep, do you need background noise or absolute quiet?
It depends on my level of exhaustion, but when I go to bed at night, I like absolute quite. If I’m just having a nap, I don’t mind background noise.
5. Why do you choose to reside in your current city? Yes, you have a choice
Well, I moved here to go to school and I’m still here because it’s not too big or too small and it has a lot of amenities that make living easy. Plus it’s not overly expensive, the weather is gorgeous and the people are (more or less) friendly.
6. Are you close to your parents?
We’re not BFF or anything, but I do feel close to them, yes. I know they’re always there if I need them for anything, no matter what.
7. What is your favourite fiction book? Poem? Blog?
Book – Most likely Marley & Me
Poem – No idea!
Blog – I love them all!
8. Do you enjoy cooking or is it a chore?
I enjoy cooking when I’m in the mood. I love trying out new recipes and being domestic from time to time, but sometimes I’d rather just order pizza or toss pot stickers into boiling water.
9. Be honest. What one thing would (the majority of) your blog readers be shocked to find out about you?
That I have a hugely perverted mind. I live with two welders and hang out with them all the time, so I have heard and gotten used to “shop talk.” If you can’t beat ’em, join ’em, right? I have developed a huge database of witty comebacks and insults.
10. If you were given your own national holiday, what would you require people to eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner on the Day of You? Would there be a parade? Greeting cards?
For breakfast we shall dine on Eggs Benedict, sausage and sourdough toast. For lunch we shall have Bagel Bites and dinner will feature a 7-course meal of my favourite foods. There would be a parade of puppies and free Starbucks for all.