Here’s another lovely Ten on Tuesday brought to you by Roots and Rings!
1. If you could open any type of store/place of business (money is no obstacle), what would you open?
Maybe a preschool? I went to preschool when I was little and I really think it helped prep me for Kindergarten. From what I remember, I never cried or asked my my mom when I went to “big girl” school. I’ve even looked into getting a teaching certificate, but apparently journalism isn’t recognized as a teachable area by the BC Teachers Association, so I’d have to do about 2 or 3 more years of schooling.
2. If all jobs paid equally, what occupation would you want? Why?
Well, that depends. Are we taking an average of all the wages in the country and getting paid that? But, if I have to pick one, I’d be a veterinarian. I just love animals, although I’d probably cry every time I had to put one down.
3. If you could be any animal in the world, what would you pick? Why?
A platypus, because they’re hilarious looking.
4. If offered one “service” free of charge, which would you choose? (chauffeur, maid, personal shopper, chef, etc.)
It’s a toss-up between a maid and chef. I hate cleaning, so that’s why I’d pick a maid. But cooking is a pain when I’m busy, so that’s why I’d want a personal chef. And (s)he would just cook me things I like, not what’s suppose to be good for me.
5. What is one habit, no matter how hard you try, you just can’t seem to break?
Accepting compliments. I have a habit of taking wonderful compliments and finding a negative in it. “You look really nice today.” “Ah, I think this shirt makes me look fat.” One day I’ll knock it off.
6. What is one thing that no matter how many you own, you still love to buy all the time?
Books or coffee mugs. I suppose 10 books sounds better than 10 coffee mugs, but I love pretty coffee mugs!
7. Out of all the game shows (past and present), which would you want to be a participant on and play?
Fear Factor! Unless the challenge had something to do with spiders, I’d rock that show. Plus I have a slight crush on Joe Rogan, even though his UFC commentary is like listening to Captain Obvious.
8. If you could play the lead role in any movie that’s already been made, which movie would you pick?
Avatar, because I think I have the hissing thing they do mastered. Or The Notebook, because it’s such an amazing story.
9. Name 5 things on your bucket list (things you want to do before you die).
- Skydive (I may be doing that this year actually!)
- Travel over an ocean
- Visit China (This doesn’t count for #2)
- Have children
- Drive a fast and fancy car
10. Which one of your birthdays was the best? What did you do that day?
I can’t remember how old I turned, but it was when my grandma was taking care of my brother and I while my mom was ill. She planned a surprise party for me with four of my friends and even filled my room with balloons after I went to sleep. It was really awesome and special.