Hey all! I’m over at the Basement today with a review on the new Denzel Washington/Mark Wahlberg flick, 2 Guns. Check it out here!
My favourite movies
This is a broad topic, now isn’t it? Do you want my all-time favourite movies? My favourite movies of this year? My favourite childhood movies? How about a break down of all three? My five favourites from each category? In no particular order? Okay!
- The Shawshank Redemption. I mean, Morgan Freeman narrating the way only Mr. Freeman can? I wrote a movie review for a 2nd-year English class and got an A on it, that’s how much I love this movie.
- The Green Mile. Michael Clark Duncan is a big, scary man for the most part, but his role in this movie just makes me want to bawl my eyes out. And Tom Hanks is pretty much brilliant in all films he’s in.
- The Notebook. Ah, how I love a good mushy-gushy, bawl-fest of a romance movie. The only Nicholas Sparks flick I’ve watched but not read. And Rachel McAdams is one of my favourite actresses.
Movies from this year: (Which for some reason all happen to be “blood and guts” movies…)
- The Expendables. Who wouldn’t love all of your 80’s and most of your 90’s and 00’s action movie stars all in the same movie? Kyle actually watched this one a second time in theatre just so I could go watch it again. Woo!
- The Town. Ben Affleck did an amazing job with this movie, in all aspects (acting, writing, directing). I was quite surprised by this movie.
- The Book of Eli. This movie is actually very similar to the Fallout video game, which made me love it. It has quite the twist at the end too!
- 101 Dalmatians. This movie pretty much solidified my love for dogs at a very young age, and made me afraid of crazy women with fur coats and two-toned hair.
- The Little Mermaid. Who wouldn’t want to be half-fish, half-human and have a best friend by the name of Flounder?
- The Lion King. Aww, Simba, you make me cry every time!
Tomorrow: A place I’ve travelled to.