I’ve noticed that I have quite a few more followers and/or subscribers, so I thought I’d take a quick moment to say hello and re-introduce myself!
For those new to the blog, my name is Kara and I live in the fabulous Interior region of British Columbia. I am currently a stay-at-home-mom working to complete my administrative assistant certificate, while at the same time wrangling two daughters, Isla (6) and Norah (3), and two dogs, Campbell and Sam. I couldn’t do everything I do without the love and support from my amazing husband. He’s simply the bee’s knees!
When I’m not preoccupied with taxiing my kids around and studying, I enjoy reading a wide variety of books (historical fiction and chick-lit are generally my go-to’s), playing slo-pitch, and running (mostly for fun). Feel free to check out my book reviews and race recaps!
Other interesting things about me are:
- I don’t like wine or beer. The closest I’ll get to drinking either is a radler or mimosa.
- My favourite adult beverage would have to be Caesars, especially on a hot, summer day!
- I’m generally pretty quiet in person until I really get to know someone.
- I have a degree in journalism and really wanted to be a reporter once upon a time, but then the paper that I worked at closed its doors and I lost that passion. I do still enjoy writing, thus why I maintain this blog.
- I’m half-Chinese but cannot speak a lick of the language. I’d love to travel to China one day to see where my family came from though.
- I’m 100% a dog person and am allergic to cats.
- Public pools stress me out because of the gunk I’ve seen floating around, but I’m a-okay with swimming in lakes.
- I’ve been to Las Vegas twice and would go every year if it was affordable. I’m a horrible gambler but I just love the atmosphere!
I think that’s about all I have to share for now – if there’s anything you’d like to know or for me to elaborate more on, leave a note in the comments below! I’d also love to hear how you found She Writes Words.
Thanks for stopping by!
One thought on “Pleased to meet you!”
Nice to meet you, Kara! I used to enjoy running, but have had a hard time getting back into it since having kids. Something about running with a double stroller in a hilly area keeps me away. Lol! I love your blog and look forward to poking around a bit more!