I’ve noticed that I have quite a few more followers and/or subscribers, so I thought I’d take a quick moment to say hello and re-introduce myself!
For those new to the blog, my name is Kara and I live in the fabulous Interior region of British Columbia. I am currently a stay-at-home-mom working to complete my administrative assistant certificate, while at the same time wrangling two daughters, Isla (6) and Norah (3), and two dogs, Campbell and Sam. I couldn’t do everything I do without the love and support from my amazing husband. He’s simply the bee’s knees!
When I’m not preoccupied with taxiing my kids around and studying, I enjoy reading a wide variety of books (historical fiction and chick-lit are generally my go-to’s), playing slo-pitch, and running (mostly for fun). Feel free to check out my book reviews and race recaps!
Other interesting things about me are:
- I don’t like wine or beer. The closest I’ll get to drinking either is a radler or mimosa.
- My favourite adult beverage would have to be Caesars, especially on a hot, summer day!
- I’m generally pretty quiet in person until I really get to know someone.
- I have a degree in journalism and really wanted to be a reporter once upon a time, but then the paper that I worked at closed its doors and I lost that passion. I do still enjoy writing, thus why I maintain this blog.
- I’m half-Chinese but cannot speak a lick of the language. I’d love to travel to China one day to see where my family came from though.
- I’m 100% a dog person and am allergic to cats.
- Public pools stress me out because of the gunk I’ve seen floating around, but I’m a-okay with swimming in lakes.
- I’ve been to Las Vegas twice and would go every year if it was affordable. I’m a horrible gambler but I just love the atmosphere!
I think that’s about all I have to share for now – if there’s anything you’d like to know or for me to elaborate more on, leave a note in the comments below! I’d also love to hear how you found She Writes Words.
Thanks for stopping by!