I’m at 30 weeks already. How the hell is that even possible? Oh right – time – it moves along whether you like it or not.
Pregnancy seems to have brought out the worst in me when it comes to whining. Kyle can probably agree to that. But you know what? I don’t care, because I’m growing a human. Ha!
So, what are my gripes thus far?
- I can’t put shoes on that don’t just slip onto my feet. Laces? Nope. Boots? Forget it. Hell, even socks are a challenge. Thank goodness it’s starting to get nicer out, because my flats are my best friend and as soon as I get a pedicure, you better believe I’ve busting out the flip-flops.
- Speaking of pedicure – I can’t paint my toes. Like, I can’t reach them. So, I also hate that it’s getting nice out because my toes are ugly. Kyle offered to paint my toenails for me, but I’m pretty sure he’d just get it all over. He’s a champ for asking though, I’ll give him that! ;)
- I can no longer see my va-jay-jay. I’m assuming it’s still there. That is all.
- I would like people to stop asking if I’m all “ready” for the baby to come (i.e. – have done all the necessary shopping). No, no I’m not. I have a stroller and car seat. That’s it. I’m just banking on Baby not arriving early. I’m a procrastinator by nature so I’ll get it done eventually.
- The heartburn. OH THE HEARTBURN! Lately I’ve been waking up in the middle of the night with some serious burnage, which is ridiculous since I take a dose of Gaviscon right before bed. Baby better have lots of hair!
- People talking to me on Facebook who I normally don’t converse with, only to ask about my pregnancy. It’s rather annoying and only makes me want to delete them.
- Waddling. I swore to myself that I’d try not to be a waddle-walker when pregnant, but with this ridiculous hip pain I’ve been experiencing, it’s hard not too. And then when I really have to pee, it’s worse.
- Baby kicking me in the ribs/kidney. Okay, not a legitimate gripe, because I love feeling her move around, but when I’m at work and trying to be all serious with someone, it’s hard when I’m being pulverized on the inside!
How far along? 30 Weeks
How big is baby? She’s about 15.7″ long, according to BabyCentre.ca. (How she fits inside me is beyond me!
Total weight gain/loss: At my doctor’s appointment last Tuesday I had gained 2lbs since my last check up, so I’ll say I’m gaining about a pound a week. Not too bad I suppose!
Maternity Clothes? Nothing new, but I’m definitely happy that it’s warm enough to wear flats/slip-ons and flip flops! Lace up shoes and the like were just getting to be too much of a challenge to put on.
Stretch marks? None!
Sleep: It’s tough getting comfortable at night because she likes to move around as soon as I lay down. She eventually stops, but when I’m exhausted, it’s annoying!
Movement: She’s a little wiggle monster!!
Food cravings: I’ve really been wanting a burrito lately. Weird, I know.
What I miss: Not waking up in the middle of the night sweating to death. It’s gross.
What I am looking forward to: The baby’s room should be done by this evening!!
Milestones: Getting the baby’s room finished, for sure.
2 thoughts on “30 Weeks and Some Whining”
I hear you on the bending. My shoelaces are all crooked because I have to haul my ankle onto my knee to do them up. And last night I told my husband he was going to help me with my lady grooming. No way I can bend to do that, and I’m just over 24 weeks!
Well you look great!! :)