1. Ikea: Over-hyped and confusing or genius furniture company?
A little from Column A, a little from Column B. The nearest Ikea to me is about 3.5 hours away, so I haven’t been in a while, but some of their stuff is gorgeous! I get headaches just thinking about putting it together though. Ouch.
2. Your favorite interior-decorator-type person wants to makeover one room in your house. Which room do you choose and why?
Either my kitchen or my bedroom. My kitchen because we’d really like to update our counter tops and cupboards, and my bedroom because we have NO furniture in it expect a TV stand that’s too big for the location that it’s in and an old dresser. Seriously. Our nightstands are big cardboard boxes turned on their sides, and we don’t even have a bed frame.
3. Describe the furniture in your childhood bedroom. Did you like it? Where is that furniture now?
I remember having a Beauty and the Beast comforter, yellow shelves and yellow window coverings. It was a decent size, and I do remember liking it! I believe we got rid of most the furniture due to wear and tear, but I think the comforter is still kicking around – but it’s covered with a duvet cover. If it’s anywhere, it’s at my mom’s!
4. When you’re done with furniture, what do you do with it? Donate it to Goodwill OR Sell it on Craigslist OR Put it by the curb and hope the trash guys take it?
Usually we donate it to Goodwill if it’s in reasonable condition. If it’s completely trashed we’ll take it to the dump.
5. My Pinterest furniture style could best be described as A) funky/eclectic, B) antique/shabby chic, C) modern/minimalist, D), so random and varied it’s undefinable.
I’d have to go with either C or D. I just see pretty things and Pin them, regardless of its style.
6. Name the most important furniture/toy in a toddler’s playroom. And why?
I’d say their dresser. You want something that’s going to last them FOREVER. Like, until they move our and go to college, forever. Or at least that’s what my goal is!
7. Your parents (or grandparents or other relative) are giving away all their furniture. Which piece do you really want?
Probably my mom’s iron/wood coffee table. That thing is STURDY! I love a good coffee table that you can sit on and not worry about breaking. Unfortunately, you can’t get them nowadays without paying an arm and a leg for it!
8. Your biggest furniture buying or home decorating regret?
I don’t think I have any furniture or decorating regrets! I have fabulous taste ;)
9. $1000 gift card! Do you want it to A) Ethan Allen, B) Ikea, C) Pottery Barn Kids?
Pottery Barn Kids, because I have baby brain and their stuff is gorgeous!
10. Bunk beds, loft beds, trundle beds, or canopy beds?
Bunk beds, because I have no idea what trundle and loft beds are!