I’m so happy that ToT is back, but I’m not giving Chelsea any flack for not hosting for a couple weeks. I totally don’t blame her one tiny little bit.
Anyway, here are today’s questions, brought to you by yours truly!
1. What’s your favourite variety of apple?
I would have to say gala apples, or most thin-skinned apples. I hate Granny Smith and thick-skinned apples like red delicious. Blech.
2. Do you prefer Long-English or Field cucumbers?
Long English. I hate all the seeds in the field cucumbers, although those are the only ones we can seems to grow well here.
3. Tomatoes – Delicious or disgusting?
I’m tomato neutral. I’ll eat them if they’re cooked, in a sandwich, or in Greek salad (basically, I’ll eat them if they’re prepared in some way), but I won’t eat them just on their own.
4. What’s one fruit or vegetable that you can’t stand and why is that?
Right now it’s bell peppers because pregnancy has made me intolerable of the smell. I’ve also really tried to enjoy eggplant, but I just can’t seem to do it. It’s just yucky.
5. What’s your favourite way to prepare veggies? (Grilled, boiled, roasted, sautéed, etc.)
In the summer I loved grilled veggies, especially on kabobs. Sautéed is probably a close runner up.
6. Sweet potato pie: Love it or hate it?
I’ve never had it, but I do love sweet potato fries!
7. What’s your favourite “style” of French fry? Wedges, shoelace, curly, crinkle-cut or other?
Definitely curly fries! Wedges are pretty darn good too, but nothing beats curly fries!
8. What’s your favourite fruit-pie filling?
I love me some cherry pie, especially if the cherries are a bit sour. Rhubarb-strawberry is my next favourite. And make both a la mode!
9. When you were a kid did your parents make you sit at the table until all your veggies were eaten off your plate?
No, but they usually made me sit there until I ate “just three more bites.” I used to actually “sneak” my unwanted veggies onto my Grandpa’s plate. (He always knew what I was doing!) To this day I still don’t eat all the vegetables off my plate! If I can get away with it I’ll toss them onto Kyle’s plate.
10. Do you drink veggie & fruit juice blends (such as V8, etc.) or make them yourself?
I am much too lazy to make my own blends. My blender is so huge and annoying to clean, so I rarely break it out. I buy cases of V8 Veggie/Fruit blends. Tastes like fruit, but there’s lots of veggies in it. Win-win!