1. What do you do for a living?
Official title? Editorial Assistant. So – I assist the editorial department with tasks and stuff they don’t necessarily have time to do. Like answering the phone at lightning speed, keeping our community calendar up to date, and typesetting random tidbits. And – when the time comes, I’ll fill in as a reporter when there’s a shortage in the newsroom. (Squeee!)
2. What’s your favourite thing about your job?
How fulfilling it is. Sure, it’s not exactly what I went to school for, but it’s one step closer, and that’s all that matters right now. And the people I work with are all awesome.
3. What’s your least favourite thing about your job?
Trying to read people’s horrible cursive. Seriously. I wouldn’t make a good pharmacist because I can’t read scribbley writing.
4. If you weren’t a ____________, what would you be?
If I weren’t an editorial assistant, I would be a classified clerk still. Or a cashier at a grocery store. Or a ninja. :)
5. What is something that you would love to get paid for that you think no one would every pay you for?
Staying at home and doing nothing. Obviously!
6. If you could have any job for exactly one day, what would it be?
One of the Food Network show hosts, where they travel around and eat amazing food all day. Yes please!
7. If you had to do manual labour, what would you do?
I’d follow in Kyle’s footsteps and become a welder. I’d do it, but I’m afraid of the cutting torch. I’m pretty sure I’d hurt myself.
8. What is something you were forced to learn in high school that was supposed to be super important, but you never actually use?
Math. Hate it. I need a calculator or my brain frazzles. I can’t do math to save my life.
9. Who was your favourite boss? Why?
Seriously, I have to pick favourites? Lame! I’ll go with my boss from the farm market I worked at. She was an amazing woman and could cook like you wouldn’t believe! And she was so kind-hearted and honest. I actually ran into her the other day and it was great to see her and catch up!
10. Where would you rather work: Dunder Mifflin Paper Company (The Office), Wernham Hogg Paper Company (The Office, UK), or Initech (Office Space)?
I haven’t watched any of those shows! Baaad me! But – I’ll go with Wernham Hogg, only because their accents would amuse me for days. ;)
2 thoughts on “Ten on Tuesday”
Ha! Paid to stay at home and do nothing … good one! :)
I love the idea of being a Food Network host! Then you would get paid to eat!! :) Love it!