I finally got around to making blueberry muffins after craving them for at least a month! I found this recipe in my mom’s old Canadian Living Cookbook. (Circa 1987!) Nothing but amazing things have been made out of this cookbook and brings back a lot of amazing childhood memories.
So, here’s the ingredients:
You can’t really tell, but the page is stained, which can only mean one thing: It’s a well loved recipe! (It’s also on the same page of the Cornmeal Jam-Buster Muffin recipe)
Now for the Method:
- – Grease 12 medium muffin tins or line with baking cups. Preheat oven to 400° F.
- – In a mixing bowl, sift or mix together flour, ½ cup sugar, baking powder and salt
- – In a smaller bowl, beat egg; add milk and melted butter. Add liquid to dry ingredients all at once and stir just until moistened. Stir in blueberries.
- – Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tins, filling about ¾ full. Combine lemon rind with 2 tbsp sugar and then sprinkle over top of batter:
- – Bake for 20 minutes or until tops of muffins spring back when lightly touched. Makes 12 medium muffins!
For the first time ever, my batter yielded the same amount that the recipe said. Shocking! And they’re SOOO good! My house smelled so yummy while they were baking.
A bonus? I didn’t even burn them! Go me! I think I ended up baking them for an extra three minutes. Don’t they look yummy?
2 thoughts on “Friday Food: Blueberry Muffins!”
Mmmm! These look so good. I may have to try them out if I can get my hands on some blueberries.
I can never get the same amount of anything that the recipe says I will. I always wonder what the heck is up with that.
I bought frozen blueberries. The muffins are really light and fluffy, I probably could’ve eaten them all!