Here’s another Ten on Tuesday brought to you by Roots and Rings!
1. Favorite book(s) when you were a child and why?
I loved James and the Giant Peach.
2. First “grown-up” book you remember reading (i.e. written for adolescents or with adult themes, such as The Outsiders or Catcher in the Rye).
Probably The Outsiders! I read it in Grade 8 English. After that, it was Animal Farm, the Lord of the Flies.
3. Favourite movie that came from a book (even if you didn’t read the book and just love the movie).
Definitely Marley & Me. The book made me cry and the movie made me cry harder. I also loved The Notebook, but I never read the book.
4. Movie that you loved so much that you WISHED there was a book out so that you could find out more about the movie.
I really don’t know … Rambo? Haha. Like, why is he so angry and bitter anyway?
5. Worst book you’ve ever read?
This book I selected for my Public Relations class. It sounded good, but as they say “never judge a book by its cover!” We had to do a 10-minute book chat, in which all I said was “This was awful, boring and to be honest, I didn’t finish it.” Needless to say, I didn’t get a very good mark.
6. Book that everyone raves about that you either a) haven’t read and feel slightly dumb for not having read it or b) have tried to read and hated and so feel slightly dumb that everyone is getting something you don’t.
I have never read a book I wasn’t interested in. I will never read the Twilight series and when Harry Potter first came out I was a little too old to be drawn to it.
7. If you were forced to choose only 3 books that you could read for the rest of your life, which ones would they be? (Or if you were stranded on a desert island, which 3 books would you want there with you?).
If I was on an island I’d bring Marley & Me for a cry, Fruit for a laugh and Pillars of the Earth because it’s been staring at me since November!
8. Name one book that if you could recommend that everyone you know read, what is it?
I really, really enjoyed The Time Traveler’s Wife. I have yet to see the movie but the book was really good once you figured out the time traveling sections.
9. What is your “guilty pleasure” reading?
I love reading Cosmopolitan magazine. I think I’ve bought every issue for the past 5 years or so! Kyle bought me a subscription for Christmas and I’m quite excited for it :) I got my first issue in the mail last week, so really, I only had to wait two weeks after it hit stands.
10. What book (excepting the Bible or other major document of your religion/faith) has changed your outlook on life the most?
I really don’t know. I read “A Long Way Gone” by Ishmael Beah and it was really amazing to read about his time as a child soldier in Sierra Leone.
2 thoughts on “Ten on Tuesday”
I hate Twilight and never plan on reading it either. LOVE Harry Potter, though!
I’m so glad I’m not the only one who refuses to read it! Everyone (well, every girl) I know has either read it, watched the movies or both!