At one month, Norah:
– Weighs 12.7 lbs and is 22.25″ long! Such a little chunkster!
– Is a pretty content baby. She never fusses too much unless she’s hungry or has a dirty diaper. Or is in Walmart. We went in there the other day and she screamed the ENTIRE time and once we left she was quiet and fell back to sleep.
– Still has striking blue eyes. I’m still in disbelief that her eyes are blue, but genetics are always an interesting surprise!
– Is more alert and enjoys just staring at her surroundings.
– Is already starting to outgrow her newborn clothing. A lot of her sleepers aren’t fitting anymore, and it’s becoming more and more difficult to button up her onesies. *sigh*
– Smiled for the first time yesterday. Isla was the lucky person to the first non-gassy smile out of her!
– Am slowly adjusting my life to raising two kids. Having a newborn and a 3-year old can be a huge
pain in the ass challenge some days, but I’m managing okay. There’s been far too much Netflix on TV, but sometimes, you gotta do what you gotta do. I’ve been able to shower and make dinner every day, so I call that a win ;)
– Have about 10lbs left to lose in order to be back at my pre-pregnancy weight. I’m waiting for my post-natal exam with my doctor before I start actually trying (see: exercising) to lose the rest of the weight, but I have grand plans to try and get on the Couch to 5K train and maybe run a 5K in the spring. We’ll see how that goes ;)
15 thoughts on “One month”
I can’t believe Norah is one month old already OR that you are only 10 lbs away from your pre-pregnancy weight. Celebrations all around!
Wow, I can’t believe it’s already been a month!!! Topher watched a lot of TV when Ellie was a newborn too. I felt bad about it at first, but seriously – it took almost an hour to feed Ellie, so you do what you have to do! I’m sure Isla doesn’t mind :)
Ah she’s so cute! Her hair is so awesome :) Does your husband have blue eyes?
He does, so I’m interested to see if they change in the future to brown like mine and Isla’s, or if they stay blue!
Pingback: Two Months | She Writes Words
Pingback: Three Months | She Writes Words
Pingback: Four Months | She Writes Words
Pingback: Five Months | She Writes Words
Pingback: Six Months | She Writes Words
Pingback: Seven Months | She Writes Words
Pingback: Eight Months | She Writes Words
Pingback: Nine Months | She Writes Words
Pingback: Ten Months | She Writes Words
Pingback: Eleven Months | She Writes Words
Pingback: Twelve Months/One Year | She Writes Words