1. What are your plans for the holidays? Do you travel at Thanksgiving? If you celebrate Christmas, do you travel then, too?
Since us Canadian have already celebrated our Thanksgiving, I’ll describe what my Christmas plans will probably be: Three turkey dinners. Kyle’s mom will cook one, my my will cook one, and my dad will possibly cook one. We’ll also maybe travel to Ashcroft to visit Kyle’s dad and grandma.
2. How do you make the plans for the holiday? If you have a significant other, how do you decide which family to visit?
We try to visit everyone! For whatever reason, the turkey dinners never seem to overlap.
3. Do you have your Thanksgiving meal at lunch or later in the day?
We always have ours at “normal” dinner time hours, so 6 p.m. or so.
4. Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition?
We don’t have any traditions, other than eating turkey, lol.
5. After a big meal do you lounge around or get up and take a walk?
We lounge around, get sleepy, and let dinner digest!
6. Do you shop on “Black Friday” or do you avoid it?
We don’t have Black Friday in Canada! But we do have Boxing Day, which is the day after Christmas and kind of the same, and I avoid that. (Really, you should check out this post by Amber on our whacky Canadian holidays!)
7. When do you usually finish your Christmas shopping?
I have a feeling this year is going to be all last minute shopping, because right now, all I have is wedding planning on the brain!
8. Do you and your significant other exchange gifts? Is there a budget?
We do. We try to set a budget; usually we try not to spend more than $200 on each other, but that’s always blown.
9. When do you decorate for the holidays?
Usually the second week of December. December 1st seems too eager and soon, so the 2nd week works for me! That, and my tree will last longer. (I always get a real tree!)
10. Do you go “all out” with the decor or do you keep it simple?
I keep it very simple. I hate when it looks like Christmas threw up in/on a house. And I think it would drive Kyle crazy if I decorated too much! lol